• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT application

theres some miscommunication here.. Connecticut wants that MSP cert to issue the Connecticut license.

CT states that the NRA home firearms course without live firing will not qualify.

One of the MA certs is for the course CT specifically states is not acceptable. (i.e., the NRA home firearms course)

So, either their posted information is inaccurate, or not all MA certificates are acceptable.

CT states that the NRA home firearms course without live firing will not qualify.

correct

One of the MA certs is for the course CT specifically states is not acceptable. (i.e., the NRA home firearms course)

correct.

So, either their posted information is inaccurate, or not all MA certificates are acceptable.

If you read the thread I talked about this. I sent my NRA basic home certificate to ct for my non res (I didnt have the MSP Cert anymore, opposite case of the OP) They sent it back and told me they dont accept that and that they wanted the MSP one. I tried explaining that the MSP certificate was for the SAME COURSE (Basic Home), but the woman on the phone wasnt understanding that. I figured what the hay, got a copy of the MSP cert from my Licensing officer (at least someone had a copy) and sent that in. They sent my CT permit a few days later.

Cool info, and in direct contradiction to what their web site states they require. Thanks for the informative post.

I just got my package in the mail and am filling out the paperwork and would like to throw out a couple questions:

1) What do we do with the fingerprint cards? Do we do them ourselves, or do we have them done by LE?

2) I've lost the card from my class for a Mass LTC (took the class in the late 80s and haven't needed it to renew), but I have recently qualified in the military on both the M16 and M9 so a copy of my ID card, DD214 and copies of those classes should qualify as the necessary instruction, correct?

3) Finally, the white sheet that says to be signed and notarized - do I fill out the personal data there, or do I just sign it, and the data is filled out by the licensing agency? I'm asking because it looks like it winds up being the permit, and I don't want it to look like I've filled it in with crayon and have it sent back.

Thanks!

I just got my package in the mail and am filling out the paperwork and would like to throw out a couple questions:

1) What do we do with the fingerprint cards? Do we do them ourselves, or do we have them done by LE?

2) I've lost the card from my class for a Mass LTC (took the class in the late 80s and haven't needed it to renew), but I have recently qualified in the military on both the M16 and M9 so a copy of my ID card, DD214 and copies of those classes should qualify as the necessary instruction, correct?

3) Finally, the white sheet that says to be signed and notarized - do I fill out the personal data there, or do I just sign it, and the data is filled out by the licensing agency? I'm asking because it looks like it winds up being the permit, and I don't want it to look like I've filled it in with crayon and have it sent back.

Thanks!

1. have the police station do them

2. probably not

exactly. As long as they have a MSP certificate they take it. For whatever reason they are under the impression MSP certificates meet their criteria, when they dont necessarily.

I took the 8 hour course, but was did not get the NRA certificate, just the MA one. WIll they take the MA one by itself? Or do I have to go back to AFS and ask them to write me an NRA certificate (like they should have in the first place)?

I took the 8 hour course, but was did not get the NRA certificate, just the MA one. WIll they take the MA one by itself? Or do I have to go back to AFS and ask them to write me an NRA certificate (like they should have in the first place)?

They took my Mass. certificate alone, but they didn't take hollywud7's, so it could go either way. Your safest bet is to send the NRA one.

They took my Mass. certificate alone, but they didn't take hollywud7's, so it could go either way. Your safest bet is to send the NRA one.

no no no. They only take the MA Cert, NOT the NRA one.

I sent the NRA one first because i had lost the MA one. went back and got the MA one from my LO and it was accepted

I'm finally getting around to applying for my CT non-res permit, but I've run into a little snag. The non-res application form (DPS-799-C) says the fee for the fingerprint cards is $24.00 made payable to "Comissioner of Public Safety". The instruction sheet that I got with my packet says the same fee is $19.25 payable to "Department of Public Safety". Sooooo, which is it, anyone know? I've attached pdf scans of both documents for reference.

Attachments

• DPS-799-C.pdf
    212.5 KB · Views: 8
  • instruction sheet.pdf
    66.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm finally getting around to applying for my CT non-res permit, but I've run into a little snag. The non-res application form (DPS-799-C) says the fee for the fingerprint cards is $24.00 made payable to "Comissioner of Public Safety". The instruction sheet that I got with my packet says the same fee is $19.25 payable to "Department of Public Safety". Sooooo, which is it, anyone know? I've attached pdf scans of both documents for reference.

hm. thats a very good question. I dont remeber which I paid. I am guessing the 19.25. just call and ask though, they will get you an answer in 2 seconds.

hm. thats a very good question. I dont remeber which I paid. I am guessing the 19.25. just call and ask though, they will get you an answer in 2 seconds.

Same here. I remember I was confused about the same thing, so I called from outside the post office before I mailed it.

Just an update to this issue. I called and was informed that the DPS-799-C form I currently have (which I scanned and posted above) is an older revision with the old fee. There is a pdf copy of that form on the website that is the newest revision, and it lists $19.25 as the fee. Mystery solved!

Back
Top Bottom