• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CT airports and concealed carry?

GSG

OK, before we go any further I'll have you all know that I searched for this stuff in the forums and other gun law websites and didn't come up with much, although I did find this link. http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1202&highlight=airport+gun+carry

I'm travelling to an airport in Connecticut to pick up someone who's flying in, and I have a MA LTC-A/ALP, and a Connecticut non-resident State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers. I will not be boarding any planes or anything, but I'm double checking the laws and regulations because I don't know everything.

My plan is to go to the airport, get the person, and go back, probably stopping for food in-state before or after.

So, any law info/helpful hints for me?

OK, before we go any further I'll have you all know that I searched for this stuff in the forums and other gun law websites and didn't come up with much, although I did find this link. http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1202&highlight=airport+gun+carry

I'm travelling to an airport in Connecticut to pick up someone who's flying in, and I have a MA LTC-A/ALP, and a Connecticut non-resident State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers. I will not be boarding any planes or anything, but I'm double checking the laws and regulations because I don't know everything.

My plan is to go to the airport, get the person, and go back, probably stopping for food in-state before or after.

So, any law info/helpful hints for me?

play it safe and leave your CCW in your car for a few minutes.

I have never seen any signs that say no firearms and i have carried in Bradley before(concealed)...as long as you don't go past a secure area you are fine...and keep it concealed....

Thanks for the advice, and the first hand experience. I plan on carrying all the way, I think me fumbling to unload and lock up a car in the parking lot would cause more issues than a properly concealed gun staying concealed the whole time.

If I see a sign or something I might turnaround and wait at the car, but if it's not prohibited I don't see why not to.

There's no law prohibiting carrying in the non-secure airport areas, but just don't get caught! Same how open carry is technically legal in CT because there's no law prohibiting it, but, according to the BFPE, if your gun is exposed and causes someone "alarm", you risk losing your permit and probably the gun. Good luck fighting that even though it is LEGAL. [angry]

Back
Top Bottom