Cruise to Somalia

This came to me in an email.

L u x u r y C r u i s e L i n e s
Now Accepting Reservations! Additional cruise information available below.

To The Point Cruise Lines is excited to offer the ultimate adventure cruise,
along the pirate-infested coast of Somalia

View attachment 10370

Ultimate Adventure Cruise Route
Rates and Availability

Ship Name
Starting Price
Days
Availability

Sun Splendor
$5,200.00
Fully Booked

Grand Voyage
$6,150.00
Reservations Available

Horizons IV
$7,091.00
Reservations Available

Horizons III
$5,200.00
Fully Booked

Grand Voyage II
$6,300.00
Fully Booked

Grand Voyage III
$5,200.00
Reservations Available

Coastal Paradise
$5,200.00
Reservations Available

Coastal Paradise II
$8,200.00
Reservations Available

Peril Princess
$5,200.00
Fully Booked

Peril Princess II
$5,200.00
Reservations Available

We board our luxury cruise ships in Djibouti on the Gulf of Aden near the entrance to the Red Sea,
and disembark in Mombasa Kenya, seven adrenaline-charged days later.
Reservations start at only $5,200 per-person (double occupancy, inside room)
and $6,900 (verandah complete with bench rest).

You'll relax like never before!

View attachment 10369

That's because you are welcome to bring your own arsenal with you.
If you don't have your own weapons, you can rent them from our onboard
Master Gunsmith. Enjoy reloading parties every afternoon,
with skeet and marksmanship competitions every night!

But the best fun of all, of course, is...

...Pirate Target Practice!

View attachment 10364

The object of our cruise is to sail up and down the Somali Coast waiting to get hijacked by pirates!

Weapons rentals:

Weapon Selection
Price
Description

View attachment 10373
AK-47 Light Assault
$12.00
Per Day
On a budget? Rent a full-auto scope-mounted AK-47 for only $9/day
with 7.62 ball ammo at $12 per 100 rounds

View attachment 10374
M-16 Full Automatic
$25.00
Per Day
Rent a full auto M-16 for only $25/day with ammo
attractively priced at $16 per 100 rounds of 5.56 armor-piercing

View attachment 10371
Barrett M-107 50 Caliber
$59.00
Per Day
Hello! Nothing gets a pirate's attention like a Barrett M-107 50-cal
sniper rifle; only $59/day with 25 rounds of armor-piercing ammo
affordably priced at only $29.95.

View attachment 10368
RPG Launcher
$175.00
Per Day
Want to make a real impact? Rent an RPG for only $175/day
with three fragmentation rounds included!
A true favorite among pirates, rent one today and show you care!

Customer Testimonials:

"Six attacks in 4 days were more than I expected. I bagged three pirates, my wife nailed two,
and my 12-year old son sank two boats with the mini-gun.
This wonderful cruise was fun for the whole family"-- Fred D., Cincinnati, OH

"Pirates 0, Passengers 32! Well worth the trip! Can't recommend it highly enough!" -- Ben L., Bethesda, MD

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
Twin mounted mini-guns are available for rental
at only $450.00 per 30 seconds of sustained fire!

View attachment 10372

Additional Cruise Line Services

Need a spotter? Our professional crew members can double as spotters for only $30/hour.
(spotting scope included, but gratuities are not)
Also included: Free complimentary night vision equipment -
and throughout the night, coffee, pastries and snacks are always available on the main deck from 7pm until 6am
Our deluxe package comes complete with gourmet meals and all rooms offer a mini-bar

OUR SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!

We guarantee you will experience at least two hijacking attempts by pirates
or you'll receive an instant $1,000 refund upon arrival i Mombasa.

How can we make that guarantee? We operate at 5 knots just beyond 12 nautical miles off the coast of Somalia,
thus in international waters where pirates have no rights whatever.
In fact, we make three passes through the area's most treacherous waters to ensure maximum visibility
by Somali mother ships.
We repeat this for five days, making three complete passes past the entire Somali Coast.
At night, the boat is fully lit and bottle rockets are shot every five minutes, with loud disco music
directionally beamed shore side to attract maximum attention.

ACT NOW!

Cabin space is limited so you need to respond quickly. Reserve your package before May 31st and get a great bonus -
100 rounds of free tracer ammo in the caliber of your choice! So sign up for the Ultimate SomaliCoast Adventure Cruise now!

BUT THERE'S EVEN MORE!

View attachment 10365

Reserve Now -and be automatically entered
to win a 5 minute time slot on the Captain's own Twin Browning 50 Caliber M2HB installation!

"I haven't had this much fun since flying choppers in 'Nam. Don't worry about getting shot by pirates...
they never even got close to the ship with the crap they shoot and their lousy aim...
Come on board and bag your own clutch of genuine Somali pirates!" -- Mike W., Savannah , GA

"Holy crap! I mean literally, I crapped myself!
This gun shook the deck like thunder, and I was laughing so hard I just had to release it.
AWESOME!-- Jim W., Tampa, FL

View attachment 10367

Copyright unknown. This was sent to us by e-mail, but going by the last pic it could be Strategic Design Network.

I remember reading somewhere that there were scammers running something played off like that...but supposedly real...and instead they would just take the person's money and give them a cruise around a harbor.

MOSCOW – The pirates seized by a Russian warship off the coast of Somalia have been released because of "imperfections" in international law, the Defense Ministry said Friday, a claim that sparked skepticism — and even suspicion the pirates might have been killed.

Authorities initially said the pirates would be brought to Russia to face criminal charges for hijacking a Russian oil tanker. But Defense Ministry spokesman Col. Alexei Kuznetsov told The Associated Press on Friday that the pirates had been released.

Kuznetsov declined to elaborate on the purported legal flaws that prompted the release and it was unclear how the seizure of the tanker might be legally different from last year's alleged hijacking of the Russian-crewed freighter Arctic Sea.

That vessel allegedly was seized by pirates in the Baltic Sea off Sweden and went missing for several days before a Russian warship tracked it down off West Africa. The eight alleged pirates were flown to Moscow to face eventual trial.

The Law of the Seas Convention, to which Russia is a signatory, says the courts of a country that seizes a pirated vessel on the high seas have the right to decide what penalties will be imposed.

But what to do with pirates has become a murky problem. Some countries are wary of hauling in pirates for trial for fear of being saddled with them after they serve prison terms, and some propose that pirates taken to Kenya for trial.

Kuznetsov appeared to echo those concerns when asked why the pirates who seized the tanker were released.

"Why should we feed some pirates?" he asked. He did not give specifics of the pirates' release, but the official news agency ITAR-Tass quoted a ministry source as saying they were "sent home," unarmed and without navigational devices, in the small boats they had used to approach the tanker.

Their home, presumably, was Somalia, a chaotic and lawless country where pirates are almost certain to avoid any formal prosecution.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev had hinted Thursday at tough punishment for the pirates, saying "perhaps we should get back to the idea of establishing an international court and other legal tools" to prosecute pirates. "Until then, we'll have to do what our forefathers did when they met the pirates," he said.

Mikhail Voitenko, editor of the Russian online Marine Bulletin, said the release strained credulity and instead sparked suspicion the pirates had all been killed

"There is no more stupid version than the one that has been proposed to us — that there was no sense in dealing with the pirates and that in Russia there are no suitable laws for convicting them," he wrote.

"If the pirates really were let go, it should have been done in the presence of journalists. If the pirates were killed, a heroic version would have to be thought up," Voitenko said.

The pirates boarded the tanker Moscow University on Wednesday. They were arrested Thursday after special forces from a Russian warship stormed the tanker. A gunbattle ensued in which one pirate was killed; 10 others were arrested.

The warship opened with warning fire from large-caliber machine guns and a 30mm artillery complex, the Russian Defense Ministry said. Special forces troops then rappelled down to the tanker from a helicopter, Rear Adm. Jan Thornqvist, the European Union Naval Force commander, told an Associated Press reporter aboard the Swedish warship Carlskrona, which was patrolling 500 miles (800 kilometers) west of the rescue site.

The tanker's 23 crew members, who had taken refuge in a safe room, were not injured.

Suspected pirates from other cases are in custody and awaiting trial in France, the Netherlands and the United States.

Several countries are calling for piracy cases to be prosecuted in the Kenyan port city of Mombasa. The United States, Britain and European Union have signed agreements allowing piracy suspects to be handed over to Kenya for trial.

But there are doubts that Kenya — which is still recovering from postelection turmoil in 2007 that left more than 1,000 people dead — would be able to handle the costly and complicated task of trying all or even most cases that emerge from the exploding piracy crisis in the Indian Ocean.

Some countries reportedly have dumped detained pirates back into lawless Somalia.

Back
Top Bottom