Engineer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sounds like cost savings cost him his job and he wanted to make a statement about it. If that's accurate it's a pretty depressing story.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Poor baby wants to be dramatic and get a pay out because he's losing his job.
Sounds like they disbanded the whole town PD, so presumably others lost their jobs too. It may have been the right decision to close it up, but people losing their jobs/careers after decades is still a bummer.

jpk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As read on Foxnew.com, the Croydon COP was fired and took off uniform to walk home in underwear..

There has to be more to the story and i'd bet someone here knows it... So, Spill.
I know someone that lives up there.....you're right.....there's more to it....or at least so I've been told in past.....its second hand info so.....

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They tried to oust him last year for some reason but there was an outcry from the town. There was no reason given from the selectman. They must have some solid dirt on him this time around that would withstand legal scrutiny.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pretty childish and very unprofessional. Makes me wonder how he handled other adversity in his life or more so while handling calls for the town.

caboose84

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least he will probably keep his LTC since he won't be around to find himself unsuitable. Wonder how he will renew? How will others in town renew or apply first time with no PD? Jack.
NH, no LTC, no suitability. If there isn't a PD the chair of the Selectmen is supposed to sign the P&R license.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Pretty childish and very unprofessional. Makes me wonder how he handled other adversity in his life or more so while handling calls for the town.
I don't think he handled many calls for the town at all...

some town guy in article: "He added that state police cover incidents in the town 81 percent of the time. "

Sounds to me like it's one of those places that even having a PD at all is likely "over policed".

That said this guy does sound like he was just being dramatic. There's probably some stupid small town shit going on behind the scenes were
not privy to, though, otherwise, why act like a 5 year old when you could get a bunch of recommendation letters to get another LE job somewhere
else? Especially if the guy served for 20 years. Of course some folks are lazy and don't deal well with change, either.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The town previously voted to disband the PD, so the select board terminated him. He sued to get his job back, and won. The town played the rest of their cards right, terminated him again.

He was offered rides. He started to undress and was told he didn't need to do that. He did it anyway, for the show.

I have friends who were there.

drgrant

NES Member
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The town previously voted to disband the PD, so the select board terminated him. He sued to get his job back, and won. The town played the rest of their cards right, terminated him again.

He was offered rides. He started to undress and was told he didn't need to do that. He did it anyway, for the show.

I have friends who were there.
He's not very bright then, even after getting his job back, he should have used his borrowed time to find another job. If the local .gov is gunning for you, hanging around to see what happens
is not a smart idea.

Blackmore

NES Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
[rhetorical]Is it possible that the level of enforcement might possibly have varied depending on who you were and gender? [/rhetorical]

Top Bottom