• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crowd surrounds, soaks police with water during firearm arrest, Boston police say

Reptile

NES Member
BOSTON —
Officers of the Boston Police Department were surrounded and doused with water by a crowd Tuesday afternoon while making an arrest of an armed suspect, officials said.

The officers were sent to the area of Cheney Street in Roxbury at approximately 5:40 p.m. Tuesday in response to a report of a person carrying a gun in a fanny pack. They followed Cheney Street toward Blue Hill Avenue, where they spotted a man wearing a fanny pack over his left shoulder.

Police said the man was later identified as Jermaine Thomas, 44, of Mattapan.

According to the department, Thomas physically resisted arrest, including grabbing and squeezing an officer's wrist. A crowd gathered during this time.

"As officers struggled to gain control, the suspect ripped his hands away and continued to resist by clinching his arms and pushing at officers causing a Body Worn Camera to be knocked off and picked up by an unknown bystander," department officials said.

Meanwhile, police said a nearby fire hydrant was opened. Water flowed onto the street and someone in the crowd threw buckets of water at the officers.

Time for Commissioner Gross to address the neighborhoods that need police support to be safe and ,,, normal
Its not all about race it’s about culture

Carrying a gun in a fanny pack us not a crime. It's not manly, but it's not a crime.

Of course it was a crime.

Fashion crime.

Joking aside, interesting to see that for some not even 2A issues can transcend perceived racial issues. Not saying that circling the wagons is inherently bad, its just a reflection on the growing divisions between the tribes. If there's any divide and conquer 3D chess going on, it's working.

Is it still a 'fanny pack' if it's worn on the shoulder...???
If he was fashion conscious he would have purchased a sling bag...

Not sure if EC approved but surely more EC approved than a Fanny Pack.

undercover the Police depts should poll all the districts politicians. and those districts that say they should be defunded or something similar should have a walk out and those officers can go and work/patrol those districts that backed the police and what they do for the community. See how quickly the communities/pols change their tune. or not and just let them burn.

FROM THE ARTICLE: "While trying to put Thomas in handcuffs, officers said they found a loaded Ruger LCR .38 SPL revolver in his fanny pack. He was ultimately arrested on charges including unlawful possession of a firearm and resisting arrest."

Ruger LCR 38? Is gender identity is a question here.
<flame on>

Carrying a gun in a fanny pack us not a crime. It's not manly, but it's not a crime.

Not only that but "The officers were sent to the area of Cheney Street in Roxbury at approximately 5:40 p.m. Tuesday in response to a report of a person carrying a gun in a fanny pack." How did someone know?

Unlawful possession third or greater instance.

Reading between the lines, seems like someone dropped a dime on the guy.

Not only that but "The officers were sent to the area of Cheney Street in Roxbury at approximately 5:40 p.m. Tuesday in response to a report of a person carrying a gun in a fanny pack." How did someone know?

In all honesty, every time I see a man in possession of a fanny pack I assume it's got a gun in it.

Before someone asks what is his NES user name.

That is a cool idea,but then you come into the problem of under your direct control.Where do you put the book when you go to eat,you have to put the book down at some time.How far away from you is still considered under your direct control? I find that my fanny pack works just fine.

Sooner or later police are going to start fighting back.

I hope sooner.

Yes, good question.
We have seen the Minneapolis police abandon a police station (that was burned) and Seattle abandoned a section of their city.
Maybe they should start saying stop and when no one listens say stop again. Maybe the police should go to one bullet kept in a shirt pocket.
In their defense, they are being restricted by namby-pamby politicians that won't let them do their job.

The Salem witch trials ended when they accused the wrong person and the governor put a stop to it. On second thought we might be doomed. Hope everyone is stocked up just in case.

"I’m alarmed by the level of hostility my officers had to face while arresting a felon armed with an illegal firearm,"

Really? Then you’re s f***in’ dumbass.

Your officers’ assumption that he was breaking a law (and probably a long history of similar assumptions) might have something to do with it.

Bummer cause that dude, no matter how long his rap sheet, has the right to carry a firearm. Funny that people defended the cops on this one. Think about it people.

Uhhh, no one is defending the cop for that. They're honestly concerned about the troglodytes that think that harassing said officers is the way to go.

You CAN have two wrongs in this situation. Or is every wrong supposed to be met with force? Maybe you should punch out the next Walmart geezer that asks you for a receipt. Because it's illegal to try and detain you for it. Haul off and hit the old bat. Right?

Back
Top Bottom