• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crowd funding 80% lowers

I have a idea . How about you Nes guys crowd fund me to open up a shop and get my FFl/sot.

Just need money for rent / FFl cost. Tooling I got .

My offer if you fund me I'll make what ever you want for free if you supply the stock or parts. So free labor.
Free transfers for life.
I already funded Deuce for $120 why not you.

he probably hasn't reported a penny of the funding and will probably then report it all as a loss and get a deduction on his tax return.

Just so it is clear. I have absolutely zero ill will towards the man. I do not even care that I lost $120. I just want transparency with the situation. But back to the situation at hand. Ben, if you are located in mass and will do free transfers for life I will help you out. Not sure how much I can do but I will help you.

Just so it is clear. I have absolutely zero ill will towards the man. I do not even care that I lost $120. I just want transparency with the situation. But back to the situation at hand. Ben, if you are located in mass and will do free transfers for life I will help you out. Not sure how much I can do but I will help you.

Lol ... Me and my friend are looking into options . I can't run a bizz so he's gonna handle that and I'm gonna do the work and we plan to teach each other . Taxes, loans , legal stuff just confused the hell out of me.
We mainly want it for the cool toys we can have and spare cash etc.

The problems we are finding are .
Rent till the FFl stuff gets approved so we can make money etc .
And places we can afford are anti gun.

Lol ... Me and my friend are looking into options . I can't run a bizz so he's gonna handle that and I'm gonna do the work and we plan to teach each other . Taxes, loans , legal stuff just confused the hell out of me.

Is it in mass?

Want to rent out my basement? [smile]

At the time this was funding most 80% lowers from reliable sources were typically 3-4x the price. most people funded the 4 lowers for $110

To add another Facebook page of pissed off crowdfunded receiver people - Precision Arms Manufacturing Unhappy Customers

They at least delivered some of them before fading off into a company called Custom Built Arms, and then fading out completely. I don't have any real hope of seeing money or goods, but I do hope to help make their lives just a little more annoying. 2x 10/22, and AR 15, 308 and a 308 jig.

Lower arrived today, raw not annodized like it was supposed to be, and it also looks like he switched back to forged since there are no machine marks on the exterior.

now who wants to show me how to mill out the rest of the lower? I've never done one.

Lower arrived today, raw not annodized like it was supposed to be, and it also looks like he switched back to forged since there are no machine marks on the exterior.

now who wants to show me how to mill out the rest of the lower? I've never done one.

It's awesome that you got anything at this point. Did you order a jig?

How's the quality of the rest of the kit? Can you tell who made the barrel, bcg, etc?

It's awesome that you got anything at this point. Did you order a jig?

How's the quality of the rest of the kit? Can you tell who made the barrel, bcg, etc?

I did order the jig, but it didn't come with a guide for starting with a drill press, just to two guides for milling the pockets. I'm also having a problem with the front take down pin...the rear pin slide through fine, tight but fine, the front one won't go through either the jig or the lower.

The kit seems to be a PSA 1/7 16" stainless mid-weight. nearest i can tell this is the upper... http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...r-with-bcg-and-charging-handle/category/4229/

all in all it looks to be about as generic as you can get. I did order a new brake and once that comes in the upper is off to the gunsmith.

No mag - which is probably good since i'm in PRM and would've had to karma it off anyway.

The stock is a Blackhawk six position so once I'm ready to assemble i'll have to figure out where i want it and pin it.

20150403_191108.jpg 20150404_082047.jpg 20150404_082103.jpg

I'm also having a problem with the front take down pin...the rear pin slide through fine, tight but fine, the front one won't go through either the jig or the lower.

Check the pin itself for burrs along the detent cut area. I've had a few DPMS and other cheapo LPK pins do exactly that.
If there is a burr, lightly file or stone it off.

I don't know if the problem was with the jig or the machinist but my lower was rendered unusable. I managed to cut into the channel for the Safety detent spring so the safety won't stay in and the detent just gets launched across the trigger well when I move the safety lever.

So thanks to JMC Arms I picked up an Anderson Lower today and completed my rifle...now I have to wait until Saturday before I can get it out to the range.
20150427_203343.jpg

JB Weld should put you back in business.

I have one where the end mill worked it's way out of the chuck, and I didn't notice until it went right through the bottom of the receiver.

I taped a piece of smooth plastic to the outside of the receiver, filled the bottom with JB Weld, and finished machining it after it cured. It worked like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom