Crowd funding 80% lowers

Ok. I have my order from Gun Vault. I hammered him for a month. It was worth it to him just to get me out of his hair. Jig and some bits. I gave up on the lower. Solid jig. better than I have seen in a long time.

Latest FB update:

Out of money and shutting down business. They claim that they will eventually fulfill their lowers that were promised on rockethub. I strongly suggest if any one has money tied up in this you call your CC company and get your money back.

I don't think there is much recourse through the card company at this point. Oh well maybe one day I will get a surprise and get a delivery. I won't hold my breath though

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

What an utter failure. According to their rocket hub page they raised 160% of their goal. ($79,845 Raised towards $50,000 goal)

How do you surpass your goal by 60% and still go tits up? Total effin losers

Capitol One refunded my money 30ish days ago.

Because they kept promising to ship product it is ok in their eyes that it has been so long since the purchase. I reported it as fraud since I ordered something and did not receive it. I was just very careful to tell them that it was pieces to a hobby project that were called 80% lowers...they were clueless.

Did they even send anything to the ATF for approval even?

What an utter failure. According to their rocket hub page they raised 160% of their goal. ($79,845 Raised towards $50,000 goal)

How do you surpass your goal by 60% and still go tits up? Total effin losers

Especially when you factor in that they were not even inventing anything. They were machining items from readily available plans, that are made every day by hundreds of companies. All they needed to do was get a milling machine working.

The real question is, Did he ever do anything or was it a scam from day 1? He did post pictures last year of an 80% lower then later on all those posts disappeared. Getting Fed approval of an 80% lower is a simple task as long as the firing pin pocket is still untouched. Programming for his machine is pretty much already completed so all he had to do was download it from the internet and some simple tweaks on his end. I spent close to 20 yrs working on N/C machines so am quite familiar with the process and how much it's improved over time.

The real question is, Did he ever do anything or was it a scam from day 1? He did post pictures last year of an 80% lower then later on all those posts disappeared. Getting Fed approval of an 80% lower is a simple task as long as the firing pin pocket is still untouched. Programming for his machine is pretty much already completed so all he had to do was download it from the internet and some simple tweaks on his end. I spent close to 20 yrs working on N/C machines so am quite familiar with the process and how much it's improved over time.

It does seem like baffling incompetence combined with the worst luck in the history of manufacturing. I take consolation in the fact that, while I lost a couple hundred bucks, this bastard probably lost his life savings.

It does seem like baffling incompetence combined with the worst luck in the history of manufacturing. I take consolation in the fact that, while I lost a couple hundred bucks, this bastard probably lost his life savings.

Agree

Lets pretend he actually ships something... I wonder if it will be of any use at all. I foresee something that is way out of normal specs.

Who is up for trying a 0% lower? [thinking]

There's probably a lot of us into that one, and all we can do is wait and see if we get any extra xmas presents this year or maybe next year.

It's really a shame these guys are pulling this crap because it is going to ruin the whole concept of crowd funding for endeavors like this. Very few people will put their hard earned money up a second time once they've been burned on a deal like this.

Was just looking at some of these crowd funding for lowers projects and some have taken in some serious cash. They all seem to have some sort of "production problems". One place, Sierra Nevada arms took in almost 230K.
producing these on an automated milling machine should be a no brainer for any competent machinist.

I have a idea . How about you Nes guys crowd fund me to open up a shop and get my FFl/sot.

Just need money for rent / FFl cost. Tooling I got .

My offer if you fund me I'll make what ever you want for free if you supply the stock or parts. So free labor.
Free transfers for life.

Back
Top Bottom