• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crossed into the dark side (AK world)

Well I have been thinking about venturing into commie territory for quite some time, and the stars finally aligned for me today. I was looking at a few AKs that had just come in at my local shop and they were the typical WASR style surplus part guns, but when I saw the M&M M10-762, I knew it was the one for me. It is made from all brand new parts, and came equipped with some really cool features for not a heck of a lot more than the WASR. I just picked it up this afternoon so I haven't had a chance for any range time yet, but will be fixing that asap! This one came with a nice killy look which will probably not please the wood furniture purists, but it suits me perfectly.[smile] Now I just need to get my hands on some pre-ban mags for it, because the 10 rounder it came with is going to grow old quickly.[wink]

I haven't taken any pics yet, but you can see what it looks like and read the specs at their site:
http://www.m10-762.com/

Killy as shit! Awesome man. Now for your next AK, build your own [smile] It's definitely awesome

Well I have been thinking about venturing into commie territory for quite some time, and the stars finally aligned for me today. I was looking at a few AKs that had just come in at my local shop and they were the typical WASR style surplus part guns, but when I saw the M&M M10-762, I knew it was the one for me. It is made from all brand new parts, and came equipped with some really cool features for not a heck of a lot more than the WASR. I just picked it up this afternoon so I haven't had a chance for any range time yet, but will be fixing that asap! This one came with a nice killy look which will probably not please the wood furniture purists, but it suits me perfectly.[smile] Now I just need to get my hands on some pre-ban mags for it, because the 10 rounder it came with is going to grow old quickly.[wink]

I haven't taken any pics yet, but you can see what it looks like and read the specs at their site:

what GunShop?

So funny, I was literally just looking at the specs for those, saw Pullman had one listed for what looked to be a pretty reasonable price.

Post some pics !!! And congrats.

Thanks guys, I'm really psyched. My intention was to trade in a gun I didn't like (BG380) toward either a Sig p238, or Kahr PM9, but when I saw this AK and compared it to the other AKs, I knew I had to lock it down. The pistols I was originally wanting were in the same price range, but I figured that they would be much easier to come by at a later date. With all of the AWB madness that we are always hearing about, I feel that these so called "assault rifles" will be the first things to get the ax, especially in the event of an import ban. For that reason, I shifted my priority structure a bit. I really want to build one eventually from a parts kit, but felt that this would be a great introduction to the platform, and already has things like the G2 trigger, and stuff that I would have upgraded on the others anyway. The only planned changes at this point will be to add a muzzle brake because the MA version couldn't have that cool looking one on their site due to it being classed as a FH. I'm certainly open to suggestions from you AK guys on what works well for this platform. I found a replacement receiver cover with an integrated rail that I am considering in lieu of the typical side mount bracket for an optic, but still not positive on that. This is the one I was looking at:
http://texasweaponsystems.com/id10.html
If any of you AK guys have tried it, or have any input on it versus the side mount style I would appreciate that as well. Lastly, I will probably want to get a Slidefire, or bumpski for this rifle since it is a bit more economical for ammo cost than my other black rifles, but for now I'll just run the cheap Tapco stock to get used to it. Any suggestions, or tips will be appreciated since I am completely new to this platform.

- - - Updated - - -

what GunShop?

Guns and Gear in Agawam, my favorite gs.

Last edited:
Very cool dude, held one of these nad boys a few weeks ago very nice. I might jave to retire the wood on mine as the bumpfire stock will just clash with the Romanian plywood. Now forth and scare the fudds!!

[video=youtube_share;WWaLxFIVX1s]http://youtu.be/WWaLxFIVX1s[/video]

Thanks for posting this - I hadn't seen that thread! Now I am going to have build something similar for this. I was also looking at brake/FH designs last night because I definitely want to add one. The brake they show on the website link I posted does not come installed on the MA version because it is classed as a FH.[rolleyes] The area where the barrel would normally be threaded is already turned down to major diameter of the threads, but they just didn't cut them. I think for my experiments, I will make a couple of different bolt on brakes that way I can pick what works best before committing to something more permanent. Since the barrel is already 16.25", and not threaded, I don't need to weld it on anyway.

With regard to magazines... how does one tell if a magazine for these is pre-ban? I only have the single 10 round plastic mag that came with it, so I want to remedy that situation asap. Anyone have some extras they are willing to part with for a a fair price for a comrade?[smile] I know I should be able to find some at the Big E show in a couple of weeks if I can't find any sooner. What is the typical going rate for these? Since this is my first AK, and I'm new to the platform, I haven't really paid much attention to them when they have come up for sale, only they they seem to be a bit cheaper than pre-ban AR mags.

AK mags are hard to tell, flintoid has outlined it in previous posts. basically--you're good though. don't worry about it unless you're specifically seeking out shit like tapco which you KNOW is brand new and in the package, etc. for mags don't pay more than $20/ea. even $20 can be high depending on what you're looking at.

sup with the flash hider? who classified it? which one is it? the ATF no longer tests flash hiding properties of stuff so it sure wasn't them.

AK mags are hard to tell, flintoid has outlined it in previous posts. basically--you're good though. don't worry about it unless you're specifically seeking out shit like tapco which you KNOW is brand new and in the package, etc. for mags don't pay more than $20/ea. even $20 can be high depending on what you're looking at.

sup with the flash hider? who classified it? which one is it? the ATF no longer tests flash hiding properties of stuff so it sure wasn't them.

Fu** I paid thirty for mine and they suck, must have been extra vodka ration day at the factory. Damn things dont like to have.more than 15rds in em before the follower jams up...time to order new ones... My brake depending on the website is either a flash hider or a brake. Im going to pick up a slant brake cause they are BA, unless I can find a flash enhancer...

check apex, they have slant brakes for like ten bucks or something. you can buy me something as well... you know since why pay for shipping on just a brake?

i've got a mag that jams up like that, too. POS. i just haven't really messed with it that much.

check apex, they have slant brakes for like ten bucks or something. you can buy me something as well... you know since why pay for shipping on just a brake?

i've got a mag that jams up like that, too. POS. i just haven't really messed with it that much.

I do owe yah call it a karma youve won lol!

Back
Top Bottom