• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crossbreed

I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but does anyone have one of their holsters? I'm interested in the super tuck for a G-19, so far I've read good reviews but I want some personal experience stories.

I like carrying at 5', but often times (my luck apparently), it ends up snagging on a shirt.

Help me out here.

I have one. It's a nice holster. I like the leather/kydex hybrids for IWB and Crossbreed makes a good product. In my opinion, the Comp-Tac MTAC is just as nice, and maybe a little better. Plus, with the MTAC you can swap out the kydex part if you change carry guns.

Edit to add: The SuperTuck will hide a G19 (or any other gun) as well as anything out there, and does have adjustable ride height and cant, so if you can't make it work with the SuperTuck, it's not going to happen. And a nice bonus is that the SuperTuck is a very comfortable holster for IWB carry. If you don't have one, order a nice 1.5" belt as well -- a good carry belt makes a big difference. I also carry at 4-5 o'clock and these holster work well for me. At 6'2 / 180 pounds I don't have a lot of blubber to hide the line of a gun, so tight to the body with a loose shirt is best for me.

Last edited:
NES just did a group buy on these and sold quite a few. I have one for my SR9 and I like it very much. I have the horse hide version. I find them to be very heave duty. I would recommend them.

Same thoughts here. The MTAC is better constructed. Leather is stiffer and it seems to hold up better. You also have the option to change out the kydex shell to support multiple carry pieces with the same holster.

My Crossbreed works very well but the corners are curling up on the leather. Not a huge deal but I find myself fidgiting at times and I need to re-adjust. I broke a set of the original plastic clips and now using the metal ones with the cross logo. IMHO You can find some knockoffs that are similar and cheaper.

how about sitting down? I always manage to have the butt end of the gun pop out the back of my shirt (i use glaco right now and it's flimsy). Will the 2 clip stop that and keep the gun and holster flush against my back?

I like my SuperTuck so far, it's for a Walter PPS 9mm. I'll probably be looking for something else a little different though for my P229 and for an IWB for the G23.

Not unique to CrossBreed by any means is the fact that when fully "assembled" my grip sticks out away from my body and most of my clothes aren't oversized.

how about sitting down? I always manage to have the butt end of the gun pop out the back of my shirt (i use glaco right now and it's flimsy). Will the 2 clip stop that and keep the gun and holster flush against my back?

I don't have a problem, but you do have to be conscious of sitting in a manner that doesn't push the gun out. It depends on what you wear too, of course. I know people do it, but it's not easy for me to conceal a G19 sized gun under a tucked dress shirt that is cut to fit me. A loose, poorly fitting dress shirt works, but looks like hell. So, in those situations I carry something easier to conceal. In casual clothes, a G19 in a SuperTuck or MTAC is not hard to conceal.

I don't have a problem, but you do have to be conscious of sitting in a manner that doesn't push the gun out. It depends on what you wear too, of course. I know people do it, but it's not easy for me to conceal a G19 sized gun under a tucked dress shirt that is cut to fit me. A loose, poorly fitting dress shirt works, but looks like hell. So, in those situations I carry something easier to conceal. In casual clothes, a G19 in a SuperTuck or MTAC is not hard to conceal.

I pray for the day of open carry in MA hahaha

I have a supertuck that I use for my sig that I like a lot, but I carry my G19 much more often, and for that I have a qwikclip also by crossbreed which I actually like a lot better.
If you decide to go with either, my advice would be to get a good leather conditioner and do that first. It has worked wonders for me.

Good luck

I have several Crossbreeds. 1 super tuck and the rest are the regular IWB. I actually like the regular ones better but I have not made any adjustments on the supertuck so if I did I might like it as much or more. They are the most comfortable ones I have worn and Crossbreed did offer a trial period and probably still does. They conform to your body in a short period of time.
You said you carry at 5 o'clock which is far back. This probably contributes to the gun being pushed up when you sit. I would think at this position that it would dig some into your back also. If you get the Crossbreed you may want to try more around 3-4 o'clock or appendix carry.

I'm concealing a full-size USP with a Crossbreed Supertuck as I type this. It's amazingly comfortable, and because I also wear it at about 5 o'clock, I was skeptical how comfortable it would be when I'm sitting in my car. I'm very impressed so far.

When I sit with mine some of my shirts, mostly t-shirts, ride up and get caught with my SR9. I am looking into a smaller gun for summertime carry, maybe the LCR.

I had one for my G23. There was nothing wrong with it, however for me it was no more comfortable or did not hide the gun any better than my cheap nylon IWB holster I had. That is not to say that it is a bad holster and won't serve you well, that was just my personal experience. However, most of the people that I hear of getting one love it.

I have 3 of them, subcompact glock, 1911, and walther pps. They make my guns disappear and I can wear them all day no problem.

I use a supertuck to carry my M&P40C, and I love it, never have had a problem. I have never had an MTAC to compare this too, but I'd say the CrossBreed is a great product.

i use one with my PPS & matching mag holster and i like it a lot.

i carry @ 3 O'Clock and the spare mag at about 7:30 ish.... [laugh]

I have a supertuck and an MTAC. The supertuck is more comfortable to wear (for me anyway) but the M-TAC looks like it will last longer (better construction.)

Galco makes a supertuck-like holster now too. Haven't tried it yet but it looks good.

, if you haven't done so already, do an "Advanced Search" for Crossbreed and select from the drop down "Search in Titles Only" and you will find several discussions on the Crossbreed. I have 3 and love them all.

Great holsters. Get the horsehide with metal clips, the horsehide only absorbs 20-30% of the sweat that a leather one does, and the plastic clips break very easily. Make sure you use a quality belt. It's a tuckable holster, but in a couple years I've only carried tucked 1-2 times. I use it like a regular IWB, it's quick and comfortable.

I pray for the day of open carry in MA hahaha

It's legal, just not advisable if you want to keep your LTC.

I had one for my G23. There was nothing wrong with it, however for me it was no more comfortable or did not hide the gun any better than my cheap nylon IWB holster I had. That is not to say that it is a bad holster and won't serve you well, that was just my personal experience. However, most of the people that I hear of getting one love it.

Were you using a high quality belt?

Back
Top Bottom