• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crossbreed Supertuck..

After a lot of procrastinating, and trying so many holsters I didn't like, I went to First Defense, and picked up my holster.. I love it!! It is so comfortable, and it doesn't print much at all, which was one of the issues I was having with others. I just wanted to thank all of you who recommended it, it is perfect for me.. [smile]

Where is First Defense. I'm inclined to try this holster with all the praise it has recieved.

I Love my Super Tuck Deluxe as well. I have it for my XD(m), SIG P226 and Kahr PM45. All are very comfortable. The big piece of leather ditributes the pressure so you don't get "poke points" on your hip and the 2 rugged clips spread the weight across the belt. Because the holster part is made out of Kydex, the gun reholsters very very easy. It truly is a very very comfortable holster. 1st 2 weeks if you don't like it return it and a life-time warranty after you decide to keep it. Great product. You truly can wear a full size service pistol concealed and almost forget it's there.

Some of us have tried it, and found it wanting in many areas. We have since moved on to higher quality products.

hey!! No raining on my parade... You have no idea how long I have been searching for something that works for me.. [wink]

I also picked up one this week from First Defense for my Walther PPK/s.
Real comfortable.

So what's considered a higher quality product?????
I'm listening?

So what's considered a higher quality product?????
I'm listening?
FIST
DSC00610.jpg

Comp-Tac
P1010002.jpg

K&D
MPCochiseDefender.jpg

O'Rourke
DSC00489.jpg

Tucker Gunleather
DSC00485.jpg

Yeah I see that but the whole idea for me is tuckable. I see the C-TAC, and that was another way to go. Seemed over complicated to me but I did see many rave reviews here. I think over time my thoughts are the Crossbreed will conform to my body like an old leather jacket. Only time will tell.

>>Glad it works for you. It didn't for me.<<

Same here. Tried it but couldn't live with its "mass". Guess there's too much of me in there already and not enough room for that! [grin]

I am a lefty with a S&W 4013tsw. The super tuck per Adam of ACME recomendation is the best I have found so far for IWB. It has taked a little time to form to me. I did have to trim some of the leather to have better access to the grip. Still better than anything else I have seen or tried

I actually find the original Crossbreed IWB a bit more comfortable for me because the leather is not as wide from top to bottom. Although a little reposistioning or trimming would most likely fix that.

Of the FIST , Comp-Tac and K&D which one do you like best?

FIST has been the most comfortable, by far.

I think it has to do with how narrow it is. There is less contact between the holster and the thigh, so there are no pinch points or hot spots.

The K&D needed some softening and shaping of the leather at the bottom corners and some trimming of the clips to make it really comfortable.

Comp Tac is OK, but kydex will never be as comfortable as good leather.

II did have to trim some of the leather to have better access to the grip.

That's what I did. I took a pair of scissors and hacked off that entire "body shield" or whatever they call it, so there's no leather at all above the beltline. It works awesome for me that way.

Crossbreed Supertcuk - how to make a combat cut

If you don't care for the standard Supertuck Deluxe, go for their "combat cut" which allows for a quicker draw and less bulk. Best to buy it from them for the guarantee, but you can do it yourself too.

First pic shows where I had taped over then drew and cut the "combat" profile. Be aware of your mag release before you cut - do you want it within or above? Round and smooth/burnish the cut edges after.

I also recommend getting the standard cowhide, which is more comfortable than the shown stiffer tan horsehide.

I also opted to buy their belt (very nice BTW) with velcro backing and the "V-clips" for the holster for a completely hidden tuck. Last pic shows this poorly as I had the belt very loose while working the cut, depth and cant.

XB-cutdown-1.jpg

XB-cutdown-2.jpg

XB-cutdown-3.jpg

XB-cutdown-5.jpg

XB-cutdown-4.jpg

XB-cutdown-6.jpg

If you don't care for the standard Supertuck Deluxe, go for their "combat cut" which allows for a quicker draw and less bulk. Best to buy it from them for the guarantee, but you can do it yourself too.

Thanks for the SBS on how to make a combat cut. I got a Supertuck for my 1911 and find it nearly impossible to draw correctly. The only way I can draw now is with my thumb riding the hammer or with a very shallow hold of the grip. Neither method is acceptable to me so I will definitely have to modify it.

I bought a IWB Galco for my Para LDA Carry and I can only waer it for a few hours. I bought the Supertuck for my PPS and I can wear it all day. Just ordered a Supertuck for my Para LDA about 5 minutes ago. Very happy with the product and the customer service.

Back
Top Bottom