Crossbreed Holster

Want a crossbreed iwb holster for my new edc a S&W Shield M2.0.

Want a single clip holster for easy, quick, discreet on and off if need be because of personal circumstances where I have to disarm now and again.

Was considering the freedom carry but the clip being in the back and the weight of the firearm forward seems like it will act like a pivot point and the firearm will sink forward in to my pants. Want to carry between 3 and 4:30 but the appendix iwb crossbreed with the clip in front looks like it may work.

Any advice or experiences with these holsters? Does the AIwB fit okay in side carry positions? Anyone carrying it that way now?

Thanks!

I just received the Cross Bread modular belly band for the glock 43. I carry appendix. This thing really hides the gun no visible buckles. Very secure.

I have the mini tuck and I really want to like it but I just can't get used to it. I have been using it for a few weeks but it just isn't as comfortable as my n82 single clip. It doesn't feel like I can get my shirt tucked in enough between the two clips. It seems best for use around the 4:30 position and that's just a little too far back for my liking. I looked at the freedom carry but thought about the same thing with the holster being that far off center from the clip. The other thing I don't care too much about are the crosses on the clips. To me, they act as billboards that you're carrying where a bare clip doesn't seem to catch the eye as much. Again, the kydex fits the shield well enough but I still prefer my n82 without kydex. It can be worn in a much wider range of positions. This is what works for me and may be different for you.

Greg

I’ve had about three of the Crossbreed Minitucks for different guns like my Sig P238, S&W Shield, and the Glock 43.

I was all about them until I realized that the retention was an issue... a huge issue. Like, gun falls out of the holster into the toilet at the bathroom huge. TWICE. On different occasions.

I will never buy a Crossbreed ever again because I can’t adjust the retention on it. If I recall correctly, I think you can send it back to them so they can adjust it for you... but seriously, ain’t nobody got time fo dat.

I use this one for my Glock 43 and my Ruger LCP II now: IWB Holsters-Two adjustments mean maxium comfort!

2AHolster.com - Great holster, great customer service. You can adjust retention, ride height, and the cant on this single clip, all Kydex holster.

Last edited:
I have had the same experience as Minininjer. Retention sucks after a few months. Added to that, it is like tucking a small phone book under your belt.

This was the least comfortable holster I ever bought.

Only holsters my wife and I buy now for IWB. Have six or seven.

If you want more retention just heat it with a hair dryer and bow the center in slightly.

I’ve had about three of the Crossbreed Minitucks for different guns like my Sig P238, S&W Shield, and the Glock 43.

I was all about them until I realized that the retention was an issue... a huge issue. Like, gun falls out of the holster into the toilet at the bathroom huge. TWICE. On different occasions.

I will never buy a Crossbreed ever again because I can’t adjust the retention on it. If I recall correctly, I think you can send it back to them so they can adjust it for you... but seriously, ain’t nobody got time fo dat.

I use this one for my Glock 43 and my Ruger LCP II now: IWB Holsters-Two adjustments mean maxium comfort!

2AHolster.com - Great holster, great customer service. You can adjust retention, ride height, and the cant on this single clip, all Kydex holster.
Brings a whole new meaning to cleaning your gun.

I have had the same experience as Minininjer. Retention sucks after a few months. Added to that, it is like tucking a small phone book under your belt.

This was the least comfortable holster I ever bought.

I have to disagree, it was quite comfortable for me. I got the leather very worn in. Having said that though, I'm okay with my full Kydex holster. Not as soft and cuddly as worn leather but it's comfortable enough for me to wear all day long, every day. It doesn't take up much room since my 2AHolster is now just single clip. I, honestly, disliked how long the Crossbreed holster was with the double clip design.

Brings a whole new meaning to cleaning your gun.

I call it my "toilet gun" now :D

I also have two of them for my Sig 232 and 239. I don't tuck my shirt in so there's no issue there. I don't toilet clean my guns but I can see that being an issue if I was using a facility away from home.

Warthog gear was all I used for years but I think he got sick.
Keyhole makes a similar one that I have for my 26 and happy with it

Attachments

• 5DEF9E09-5BC5-456F-A9CF-C33165D4AB93.jpeg
    5DEF9E09-5BC5-456F-A9CF-C33165D4AB93.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 70B09AD3-B1D4-4A80-BB61-EB9895AC140A.jpeg
    70B09AD3-B1D4-4A80-BB61-EB9895AC140A.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 68345327-EEFE-4387-87EA-3C754DF0EC66.png
    68345327-EEFE-4387-87EA-3C754DF0EC66.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 28
I don't use my Crossbreed anymore. It's comfortable and with a little adjustment with a heat gun the retention is whatever you want. My problem is I carry an LC9s with the MA safety. Because half the holster is flat leather the gun will rock side to side with enough force. I was carrying at 4:00 and getting in and out of a little car. Twice I found the safety had disengaged. Plus, with 2 clips it's not super easy to put on.

Now I use a single clip plastic holster and love it. It's plenty comfortable and much easier to put on and take off. I'll go a week without unholsteting since the holster goes on and off with the gun in it. Many NDs happen during holstering. It's hard to have an ND with the gun in the holster.

check out the Aliengear shapeshift package. i've got the Shield 2.0 also and its fantastic. I'd recommend getting the whole starter kit as its only another few bucks... and you'll get the IWB (which is extremely comfortable) for those days where you dont have to disarm frequently. not a huge fan of the OWB belt slide or the paddle in that package... so maybe just grab the appendix rig and the IWB expansion pack.... b.c those two are absolutely worth the money.

Want a crossbreed iwb holster for my new edc a S&W Shield M2.0.

Want a single clip holster for easy, quick, discreet on and off if need be because of personal circumstances where I have to disarm now and again.

Was considering the freedom carry but the clip being in the back and the weight of the firearm forward seems like it will act like a pivot point and the firearm will sink forward in to my pants. Want to carry between 3 and 4:30 but the appendix iwb crossbreed with the clip in front looks like it may work.

Any advice or experiences with these holsters? Does the AIwB fit okay in side carry positions? Anyone carrying it that way now?

Thanks!
Awesome holster. I have one for my Shield 9mm. The seem to be the cheapest at 4 Seasons in Woburn.

Back
Top Bottom