Crossbow

Probably way over discussed, but, I would love to buy a crossbow for only target practice in my back yard, where can I buy one in ma? Do not want to hunt or do anything else but shoot arrows into a bag.

West of Worcester?

I think D&G has one in stock, I'm sure Dave will order what ever you want though.

D & G Bait & Tackle
(508) 892-9037
449 Main St, Cherry Valley, MA

Any brands y'all would recommend? I'm also interested in one to play with. Something that is reasonably well built that will last.

I don't want to break the bank, but I also don't want a piece of junk that will break in short order. That middle ground.

Thanks!

I did some research and reading a while back and Barnett is kind of the Ford or GM of crossbows and Horton more the upper end. Check out eBay...there are times they go for pretty cheap.

I did some research and reading a while back and Barnett is kind of the Ford or GM of crossbows and Horton more the upper end. Check out eBay...there are times they go for pretty cheap.

Call David at Wyvern Creations in NH. He is very knowledgeable, has great customer service, and his pricing is very fair and he has free shipping.
http://www.wyverncreations.com/ Phone 603-659-0575

You can go to Cabela's in E Hartford. They have a good selection and an indoor range where you can shoot some to see what fits you best.

I have, and hunt with, and Excalibur recurve crossbow. There are lots to choose from these days as more and more states are allowing them during the archery season for everyone. Everyone can hunt the January season in Connecticut with them.

If you are going to use one for hunting you need to make sure that you know how you are going to handle a cocked crossbow at the end of the hunt. I can just let mine down with the cocking rope.

Bob

West of Worcester?

I think D&G has one in stock, I'm sure Dave will order what ever you want though.

D & G Bait & Tackle
(508) 892-9037
449 Main St, Cherry Valley, MA

Thank u, thats less then 5 miles from where I live

Just keep in mind, its on Main St, not RT9. They're different streets at this point, and D&G is pretty easy to drive by.

I love my crossbows. Have 2 Barnett full size ones (one compound, one recurve), and a couple of pistol type for plinking in the yard with. I remember reading about their self-cocking Commando model in some gun magazine when I was a kid and never forgot about. Finally ran across a used one at KTP about 10 years ago and snagged it on the spot. Good luck with your search!

Northeast MA or NH sea coast area try Big Al's archery in Seabrook. Hoyt, Bowtech, and Martin bows, lots of trad archery and Ten-point crossbows. and these guys all know their stuff. Dan and Geoff are the owners and will go the extra mile to help you out.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom