Crooks Crash Forklift Through Front Doors Of NC Gun Shop

I envisioned a truck similar to a garbage truck, the sort that noses up to a dumpster and lifts it up over the cab an into the hopper, only the grab arms would be strong enough to instead drive up to a drive up ATM, snatch it up and stuff it in the hopper, which should make a pretty decent faraday cage in case the ATM has the bank equivalent of Lo Jack. Drive away with the entire ATM and crack it open later, just like that episode on Breaking Bad.

But I decided a life of crime was too risky. Well, overt crime anyway.

Kinda risky with that little forklift, don't you think? I'm something of an expert at being stupid with a forklift:

I had a hell of a time getting over a pallet with the larger forklift we used at Lowes when I worked there.
I also got one a little smaller than the one in the news clip stuck in mud/grass one time and needed to be pulled out.
I do know that even small forklifts make good battering rams for moving (in my case) Jersey Barriers, but I don't know if I'd trust it to do demolition like that, I'd be afraid of getting too hung up to finish the job.
I once used a 10K forklift to remove a small (about 8" across" tree stump, and it was pretty effortless - that's the model I'd have chosen for the job - plus it has "decent" getaway speed.
Note: the ones marked AT for "All Terrain", that have those big balloon tiers should NOT be driven fast off road in the dessert because they get incredibly bounch and THAT incident scared the crap outta me.

And yet after all this, the only time I got "written up" was because I left the forks up and engine running when I stopped to have a smoke break once.

This is the exact reason I do not keep my firearms or related accessories on pallets.
My buddy keeps his safes bolted to pallets, in a finished room off of his garage….a small fork lift can be driven in there!!

No thefts yet.

My buddy keeps his safes bolted to pallets, in a finished room off of his garage….a small fork lift can be driven in there!!

No thefts yet.
Good idea keeping them in the pallets. Mine just sit on some blocking.

I don’t have a pallet jack so no big deal for me really. But would be convenient if the safe ever needed to be moved quickly.

Kinda risky with that little forklift, don't you think? I'm something of an expert at being stupid with a forklift:
After the rash of "ram robberies" where stolen trucks were driven through the storefronts so thieves could loot the store (then escape in a second, also stolen, truck), many stores installed bollards into the concrete out front spaced narrowly enough to block a a vehicle.

That could be the impetus to using a narrow forklift?

1715097183517.png Looking at that building, seems nearly any wall can be a door if you are brave enough...

After the rash of "ram robberies" where stolen trucks were driven through the storefronts so thieves could loot the store (then escape in a second, also stolen, truck), many stores installed bollards into the concrete out front spaced narrowly enough to block a a vehicle.

That could be the impetus to using a narrow forklift?

View attachment 879106Looking at that building, seems nearly any wall can be a door if you are brave enough...
Pro tips for sure. :D

If they were smart, they'd lift a couple of pallets of ammunition. It's much harder for would be criminals to get enough ammunition than get guns.

Back
Top Bottom