• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

critter cam reccommendations

I'd like some recommendations for "Critter Cams" - we have a lot of tracks and a few paths that I would like to cover.

I bought a Moultree for about $100 and didn't like it - lots of false trips and missed shots - maybe it was my settings.

Day & night settings are needed - range and field are under 30 yrds

Thanks

I like the Bushnell cams, as it was the first one that worked well for a LONG time on AA batteries, vs. the budget POS cams I'd tried. The trigger might not have been the fastest, but it works well enough for me.

I just picked up one of Bushnell's latest cams, the Aggressor Wireless LINK. This thing's pretty slick, and has built in cellphone technology. It can email/text thumbnail images (I forget the dimensions, but they're decent enough to be useful) when triggered, and it allows you to download full resolution images if desired. I picked one up for about $250. They have a variety of service plans available, starting with one for $10/mo, which includes 1,500 thumbnails. For covering an area you won't be accessing often, this seems like a very useful tool.

I also plan on adding a few of their low end models LINK, which can be had for about $110/ea.

Check out the reviews and forums at ChasinGame. They are mostly hunters, and users on forum are not shy about complaining about cameras that don't work, or fail early in their service life.

I have been using a Wild Game Innovations NANO 8 MP camera that is about the size of a coke can which I paid $60.00 for and works great and takes very clear daytime pictures and B&W at night. I change the AA batteries every 6 months if it is needed or not.

Bushnell used to be a great camera, but their reliability has dropped significantly over the past few years.

The first one I had lasted 5 years, and was good on battery consumption.

The next 3 lasted between 6 and 9 months, and ate batteries like no tomorrow.

I have two Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Vital cams. Both have worked great until now, one will not record the pics on the SD card. I can see the LED IR flash flashing when I move in front of it but no images on the card. Have fresh batteries, tried different SD cards, new cards, reformatting the cards, going back to default settings on the cam, still nothing.
Is this thing trash now?

I have two Bushnell Trophy Cam HD Vital cams. Both have worked great until now, one will not record the pics on the SD card. I can see the LED IR flash flashing when I move in front of it but no images on the card. Have fresh batteries, tried different SD cards, new cards, reformatting the cards, going back to default settings on the cam, still nothing.
Is this thing trash now?
Are you formatting the cards in the camera? I have an older Trophy cam, and that's the procedure I use every time I insert the 32gb cards.

Back
Top Bottom