• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cringe: Dead Parkland Student Brought Back to Life in Deep Fake Anti-Gun Ad

Reptile

NES Member
Left exploits deceased student in voter turnout effort.
A student who died during the Parkland school shooting in 2018 has been brought back to life, appearing in a new voter turnout ad produced by a gun control group.

In the bizarre anti-gun ad from Change the Ref, the parents of 17-year-old Joaquin Oliver introduce a video in which their son, nicknamed “Guac,” is digitally recreated with deep fake technology

Guac goes on to tell people to go out and vote in his name for pro-gun control candidates – politicians who are typically liberal Democrats.

“Yo, It’s me—it’s Guac,” the CGI animation states.

“I’ve been gone for two years and nothing’s changed, bro. People are still getting killed by guns. Everyone knows it, but they don’t do anything. I’m tired of waiting for someone to fix it,” says the deceased student.

“The election in November is the first one I could have voted in, but I’ll never get to choose the kind of world I wanted to live in, so you’ve got to replace my vote. … Vote for politicians who care more about people’s lives than the gun lobby’s money. Vote for people not getting shot, bro. Vote for me, because I can’t. We’ve got to keep on fighting and we’ve got to end this.”

On YouTube, critics voted down the video 10 to 1, with users appalled the gun control group would use the dead student as a political prop.

This is disgusting. The parents should be ashamed of themselves.

So his parent’s get to speak for him to say he would vote for politicians enforcing anti-gun laws? What if the kid grew up to have his own opinions, ended up owning a firearm and maybe even competed of his own volition or went to the range regularly? So if he grew up and raised a family and bought his kids laser tag guns would he be reinforcing gun culture, according to hyper-liberals? Let the deceased rest in peace and maybe don’t force your values on them...that sounds like a good idea.

Left exploits deceased student in voter turnout effort.
A student who died during the Parkland school shooting in 2018 has been brought back to life, appearing in a new voter turnout ad produced by a gun control group.

In the bizarre anti-gun ad from Change the Ref, the parents of 17-year-old Joaquin Oliver introduce a video in which their son, nicknamed “Guac,” is digitally recreated with deep fake technology

Guac goes on to tell people to go out and vote in his name for pro-gun control candidates – politicians who are typically liberal Democrats.

“Yo, It’s me—it’s Guac,” the CGI animation states.

“I’ve been gone for two years and nothing’s changed, bro. People are still getting killed by guns. Everyone knows it, but they don’t do anything. I’m tired of waiting for someone to fix it,” says the deceased student.

“The election in November is the first one I could have voted in, but I’ll never get to choose the kind of world I wanted to live in, so you’ve got to replace my vote. … Vote for politicians who care more about people’s lives than the gun lobby’s money. Vote for people not getting shot, bro. Vote for me, because I can’t. We’ve got to keep on fighting and we’ve got to end this.”

On YouTube, critics voted down the video 10 to 1, with users appalled the gun control group would use the dead student as a political prop.

This is disgusting. The parents should be ashamed of themselves.

The only reply I would have to the comments is a reminder that the parents were NOT the ones who founded the ad. Nor did they envision it. Nor did they create it.

Sure, while the parents are complicit, the anger against this should be pointed to the source.

I'm wondering how long before some other group makes the same style fake with him saying "If I had a gun, I might have lived. ".

You know someone with Blender/animation software is thinking about it.

The only reply I would have to the comments is a reminder that the parents were NOT the ones who founded the ad. Nor did they envision it. Nor did they create it.

Sure, while the parents are complicit, the anger against this should be pointed to the source.

They aren’t just complicit. They are most likely profiting off their dead child. This is despicable. They deserve all the scorn and hate they get.

I'm wondering how long before some other group makes the same style fake with him saying "If I had a gun, I might have lived. ".

You know someone with Blender/animation software is thinking about it.

that would be awesome, but would the filthy mainstream channels run it?

Back
Top Bottom