Criminal defense attorneys

Alex9661

NES Member
I'm looking for a competent lawer (or lawers) to keep on speed dial in case I'm involved in a self-defense shooting. Maybe we can make a sticky similar to "Firearm attorneys".

I know, I misspelled "attorneys" and don't know how to fix it.[grin]

Last edited:
If you look on the lower righthand border of your post you should see a box which says "Edit Post". Click on that and you can correct any problems or mis-spellings in your post.

Kevin Reddington in Brockton, 508-583-4280. Standard fee for homicide defense $100K, and it is worth every penny based on his history and capability. And yes, he's on my speed dial.

Once you are in the edit mode you will see another couple of bxes in the same spot, one of which says "Advanced Mode". That should allow you to edit the title.

You may also want to check out the Technical Tips (?) section for hints like this.

Kevin Reddington in Brockton, 508-583-4280. Standard fee for homicide defense $100K, and it is worth every penny based on his history and capability. And yes, he's on my speed dial.

This. He's on my speed dial. Hope I never need to call. So does my bank account.

This. He's on my speed dial as well. He has successfully defended gun owners in self defense cases in MA.

Damn 100k is steep I hope ill never need to call him I wouldn't know how to pay for his service but ill also keep him on speed dial. I just hope noone ever comes to my home and threatens my family.

NRA insurance at $165 a year gets you $100,000 of coverage per incident. You can buy a $250,000 policy for about $100 more. Got mine.
http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/defense.htm

Thanks for the pointer. As I read it, the criminal defense piece is paid AFTER you are acquitted up to the max $50k sub limit so you need a source of funding to pay for the defense first. This just pays you back...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the pointer. As I read it, the criminal defense piece is paid AFTER you are acquitted up to the max $50k sub limit so you need a source of funding to pay for the defense first. This just pays you back...

This is really a huge out.

If the charges are dropped after $100K in legal fees and investigators show you were clearly innocent - no payment since there is no not-guilty verdict.

If charges are never brought, but you need to hire quality representation during the investigation and time when the other party's family is demanding the state extract revenge upon you - no payment.

If you cop a plea (yeah, I know everyone "would stand up for what is right" - but things look quite different when you attorney says "you can take this no prison time deal or refresh my retainer, go to trial, and risk a lengthy prison term - and points out examples like that guy in FL who turned down a "felony plea bargain" with probation and got a 20 year stretch), there is no payment.

Cases most often are either dropped or pled out - and the insurance company knows they are offering the equivalent of one of those life insurance policies that covers you only if you get cancer of the left testicle.

Sorry. I was incomplete in my response. Also if dropped they will reimburse. The only point I was trying to make was cash flow. You needed something other than insurance to fund the defense until you win through either acquittal or charges dropped

Good points though, Rob...

This is really a huge out.

If the charges are dropped after $100K in legal fees and investigators show you were clearly innocent - no payment since there is no not-guilty verdict.

If charges are never brought, but you need to hire quality representation during the investigation and time when the other party's family is demanding the state extract revenge upon you - no payment.

If you cop a plea (yeah, I know everyone "would stand up for what is right" - but things look quite different when you attorney says "you can take this no prison time deal or refresh my retainer, go to trial, and risk a lengthy prison term - and points out examples like that guy in FL who turned down a "felony plea bargain" with probation and got a 20 year stretch), there is no payment.

Cases most often are either dropped or pled out - and the insurance company knows they are offering the equivalent of one of those life insurance policies that covers you only if you get cancer of the left testicle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom