Creeped out a bit today at Martin Burns

Guess its good I didn't go alone Sunday :/

As a side not any one got the address so I can use my gps I forget his to get there.

get off the Central St. Byfield exit and take a right, turn onto orchard St. in .5-.75 miles on the left, just before the little bridge, it's a couple miles down on the left just after byfield auto.

The facts that I was asked that by 4 teens who were not there for sporting purposes. And the fact that the only thing that dettered them was seeing me holster my firearm and walk towards them.

I thought they were 20-somethings... How do you know what they were there for? Deterred them from what?

I thought they were 20-somethings... How do you know what they were there for? Deterred them from what?

18-22 I don't know what they were there for and don't care, for all 4 to sit and stare as I emptied my mag and then to continue staring uninterrupted as I packed my range bag put me on alert. It's a public place, there is no gate to get in and all the walkers stay away from the range, it's just you and whoever else is shooting, Like I said in my original post, they could have been looking for a place to smoke weed and didn't expect to see people on a semi rainy day there. it's all irrelevant now. I posted this on the off chance someone else may have seen that same SUV with those same kids. It's not like you're at a club range with paying members and gates and lots of other souls around.

Don't try to reason with people. This is NES. Your thread has been declared non-threadworthy by Jasons and nothing can save it now. Don't try to save face by re-explaining the things that were already clearly spelled out in the OP. Your thread has failed. Sorry, but there's nothing that can be done now.

Personally, as someone who shoots at MB occasionally, I was glad for the heads up - like I said, I think a secluded range with no cameras would be a great spot for a robbery if I were criminally minded and news of people acting suspicious there seemed like something worthwhile to pass on. But I guess I'm not as smart as Jasons or some of these other NESers who are terrified of the government and spend all day whining about how bad things are, but when given a piece of real world information just laugh it off and mock the poster. Shows what I know.

Well said. Stay frosty out there.

Last edited:
Don't try to reason with people. This is NES. Your thread has been declared non-threadworthy by Jasons and nothing can save it now. Don't try to save face by re-explaining the things that were already clearly spelled out in the OP. Your thread has failed. Sorry, but there's nothing that can be done now.

Seriously? How is this helpful?

IMHO both JasonS and the OP have legit points. The reason Jason is asking the OP these questions is because it sounds a lot like that scene from HEAT where Vincent is talking to the CI in the nightclub.

"So, you saw an ex con on the street... what do you want, a junior G-man badge?"

I mean everyone gets those "off" feelings, but guess what, sometimes they're NOT legit, shit happens! Admittedly I too, at first encounter, would have found the encounter to be bizarre, but there are some people who basically are DBs about wanting to shoot while other people are around, and this even happens at private clubs. Back when I used to be a member at Winchendon there was this ex-military type in an old shitty truck who used to basically park about 30 yards behind the line in his truck and if others were shooting, he'd just sit there mindlessly watching others shoot until we (or whoever else was using the range) all had left. It was weird but the guy wasn't necessarily there to cause problems for anyone. Another plausible explanation- those kids in the truck are just shitty at human interaction/conversation and set off alarm bells for the OP. Expect this to happen a lot more often, as a shitload of the next generation seem to be socially inept on more than one level. Hell I was like that (although I'd never -stare- at someone) . The Heinlein phrase of "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity, but don't rule out malice" seems to jump out at me, here.

There is OBVIOUSLY value in being hyper aware, but sometimes you can go full retard. Having been in this kind of situation before I find it helps to engage people like that in dialogue. For example I pulled up to one of the clubs I was a member at and I found a truck parked near the gate but the gate was still locked. I unlocked the gate and rolled into the club and saw 2 guys (looked like "father and son" type deal) using the archery targets and I started to strike up a friendly (or at least I was) conversation with them, and simply the act of me talking to them was enough to make them leave- I knew they weren't really "bad" people, but I also knew by the end of that 30 second conversation that they weren't members there either, and just freeloading. When I said "Do you guys have ear pro, I'm going to start shooting at the 50" they were like "uhh, no" and then they promptly packed up their shit and left. They weren't there to rob people
but they didn't belong there either. Had similar things happen at other clubs, too. The OP's "bangers" could have been there to smoke weed or something stupid like that, too. They might have been staring because they were enraptured by seeing someone shooting guns, who knows. Without further interrogation you won't get a feel for whether or not they're a "real problem".

If MB is a quasi public range, I would expect that shit to happen -all the time- and if its something one can't deal with, there are a metric ton of private clubs in MA that have restricted access.

-Mike

Last edited:

Personally, as someone who shoots at MB occasionally, I was glad for the heads up - like I said, I think a secluded range with no cameras would be a great spot for a robbery if I were criminally minded and news of people acting suspicious there seemed like something worthwhile to pass on. But I guess I'm not as smart as Jasons or some of these other NESers who are terrified of the government and spend all day whining about how bad things are, but when given a piece of real world information just laugh it off and mock the poster. Shows what I know.

i do believe you mean "the" jasons.

no wonder you're always getting into fights here.

I took a buddy shooting that had been dying to shoot his LCR, the place was dead until 5 minutes before we were gonna leave when a tan newer model Chevy Avalanche with four probably 20ish year olds pulled up in the parking space. Both front and rear passengers rolled down their window and stared at us, when we started back they asked us "how are you shooting today?" I simply replied "Good" and went back to packing up my things. I kept looking out of the corner of my eye and they just kept staring, never looking away.

I put a few rounds in my magazine and stuck my sr9c in my IWB and made it very apparent to them in doing so, and gathered my things and started to walk towards the car. In doing so they backed out and left.
My buddy figured it was some kids looking to smoke some weed who were equally as surprised as we were to see someone there on a drizzly day. I myself being a bit more paranoid wondered what else they may have been up to, i'm sure it wasn't robbery as a gun range would be a pretty dumb place to target but there is always people there walking their dogs or taking pictures of birds and these kids really put me on alert.... Something was not quite right about them.

i "dafuq'd" at this though. lighten up.

It's just the way I've always been, i'm always thinking about worst case scenarios

I have a plan to kill everyone I meet, I just don't usually post about it on NES. Just busting your balls a bit, hope there are no hard feelings.

Love your blog by the way, especially your pea-brained analysis of the Benghazi response. Well done.
Glad to see you are a fan. Keep reading and stay away from Fox News, Alex Jones, InfoWars, etc. and you might actually learn something versus being fed a scandal and having "facts" backfilled to make them fit the scandal.

Glad to see you are a fan. Keep reading and stay away from Fox News, Alex Jones, InfoWars, etc. and you might actually learn something versus being fed a scandal and having "facts" backfilled to make them fit the scandal.

All you need is a map and a decent grasp of time and distance. Or even basic common sense. (Something that was severely lacking.)

For example: "Hey it's the anniversary of 9/11, I'm sure local Libyan security will be fine."

Or: "The Libyan embassy is under attack and the local security we hired took off? Lets just send four guys and an unarmed drone."

Or, a couple hours after the attack when those guys gave an early sit rep: "Wow, it's still hot? No need to reinforce, it'll blow over on its own."

Good to see all the Monday morning quarterbacks who would have handled that situation with ease. Where were you guys the 54 times this happened under Bush? You could have saved at least 13 lives with this valuable insight.

Good to see all the Monday morning quarterbacks who would have handled that situation with ease. Where were you guys the 54 times this happened under Bush? You could have saved at least 13 lives with this valuable insight.

Of course none of those were 8+ hour long rolling firefights that happened with specific warning months ahead of time, and none ended with a dead Ambassador. Benghazi wasn't some guy with a vest blowing up a security checkpoint.

But hey, Issa's brother stole a car once so it's Bush's fault.

But you're right, I'm just an onlooker. What did the State Department (yeah, THAT State Department) have to say?

State Dept. Report said:
Systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels…resulted in a Special Mission security posture that was inadequate for Benghazi and grossly inadequate to deal with the attack that took place.

Overall, the number of Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) security staff in Benghazi on the day of the attack and in the months and weeks leading up to it was inadequate, despite repeated requests from Special Mission Benghazi and Embassy Tripoli for additional staffing. Board members found a pervasive realization among personnel who served in Benghazi that the Special Mission was not a high priority for Washington when it came to security-related requests, especially those relating to staffing.

Read it yourself here: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/202446.pdf

Last edited:
On a side note, it's pretty ironic that these dimwits will send an unarmed drone to watch an embassy attack unfold but they have no problem killing at least four Americans (that they've admitted to so far, and all without any due process) with armed drones.

Maybe there were just products of the loony public schools in Massachusetts and they were staring like catatonic idiots when they saw some REAL guns. Could not think of anything else to say but how's the shooting.

Similar thing happened to me once. 4 young men with an inordinate amount of attention on my guns. My buddy and I were carrying 45's on our hips. Rather than continue shooting we never turned our backs to them, packed our stuff up, and left. Made sure they saw the pistols on our sides...

Back
Top Bottom