• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Credit cards Visa & Mastercard pause

Visa and Mastercard paused their decision to start categorizing purchases at gun shops, a significant win for conservative groups and Second Amendment advocates who felt that tracking gun shop purchases would inadvertently discriminate against legal firearms purchases. A few Gop back states threatened to file lawsuits. I believe they should stop the program altogether, not just have a brief pause.Visa, Mastercard pause decision to track gun shop purchases

I watched this story on Fox this morning. I imagine the GOP AG's threats of investigations influenced them that it wasn't worth bowing down to the anti's.

They're probably already doing it, and have been for sometime. This is all just optics and window dressing. Remember the family who got a surprise police visit for looking at backpacks and pressure cookers online, shortly after the marathon bombings? Mom was looking for canning tools and junior wanted a new bookbag.

They're watching, one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom