Credit cards restricting firearms purchases

Sure, "Autopay the minimum" avoids a chance of late fee but assures that the balance, including new purchases, incurs interest.

The only autopay that makes sense is autopay full balance, however, that can result in paying a fraudulent charge before you have a chance to read your statement. Even so, it should (emphasis should) work out in the end.
I autopay full balance but a few days before I go on and check everything to make sure there's no fraudulent charges.

Its not that hard.

International gun control...

But don't fret about it
The Federal Reserve Digital Bank account they will be giving you will decline the purchase any way....

I've been in retail for about 18 years now. If you make a large purchase ($200 or more) online or X distance away from your home zip (X varies by company) it will flag your account. Some companies will then closely watch any other large purchases that would indicate fraud. A gun purchase (to the tune of $500 up to $5000) would definitely get flagged if you haven't shopped at that store before. It is to prevent fraud, and the minor inconvenience of calling them for 5 minutes to let them know it is you, and you are the one making a purchase, is well worth it compared to the pain it is dealing with disputing fraudulent charges.

On the subject of banks, stay away from Capitol One. I once had a guy leave his card behind, I called the number on the back trying to get their customer service to attempt to call him to let him know he left his card behind, and just from the info I had on the card I was told the available balance and his next payment due. It was a 5 digit number, and the fact if I was a thief I would know how much I could steal from him is INSANE. I was able to talk to a CS Rep and get his card temporarily turned off till he could come collect it or request a new one, thankfully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom