• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Credit cards restricting firearms purchases

MaxStravinsky

NES Member
Another forum that I'm on is reporting that folks are seeing firearms purchases being refused by credit card companies. Anyone around here seeing any of that?

The one incident I've seen talked about recently (Forcht Bank) is almost certainly fake news.

The whole story is sus, from the screenshot to the way it spread. At least one website (TGP) claims to be in contact with the gun shop in question, but hasn't gotten a straight answer.

Another forum that I'm on is reporting that folks are seeing firearms purchases being refused by credit card companies. Anyone around here seeing any of that?
Since the new ISO merchant code isn't yet active, how would credit card companies identify "firearms purchases"?

Last edited:
Day it happens to me is the day I cancel my card and find someone else.
Do your credit score a favor and INSTEAD, pay it down to next to nothing and use it for buying snacks once in a while.

Make them carry the costs of maintaining a nearly inactive account. They won't make diddly squat on the interest if your balance is single digits.

The AGE of your accounts counts a lot toward your score. Just lower the balance and open a new one for regular use.

Last edited:
Is that the one you were talking about in Oct?
Maybe? 🤷‍♂️
I talked about so many guns that weekend I can't recall which one you are talking about.
Bobby just texted me this morning about the "shotgun I used" that weekend?
I answered him, "Which one? There was only about half a dozen there at the time."

I bought a pistol yesterday on a Discover card.
Dear God almighty, Discover is the worst card in the world, except for "store" credit cards.

Please tell me you pay it off every month and only use it every other cycle so they don't make any interest off you

PS what did you buy?

There was a push to do this during the Obama administration. I don't think anything came of it, but Biden talked about it after he slunk into office.

Back
Top Bottom