• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Creative Shotgun Readiness

I was reading another thread that mentioned the Santa Cruz gun locks. I was thinking about something like this:

http://santacruzgunlocks.com/locks/universal.html

So I got to thinking - if I wanted to have say a shotgun nearby my bed at night, could I use one of those devices to "secure the weapon?" My thought was having it attached to the wall in such a way that when the shotgun was in it, it would not be possible to remove it without using the electronic release, which could be hidden, or rigged to a keypad.

I'm assuming it won't work, but I had to ask. There is the bare minimum of a trigger lock to be compliant, but clearly no one does just that unless they are a fool. It's amazing what stupidity we must endure, and what effect we have to put into finding clever ways to do what the second amendment clearly allows. What if this thing was set up so that it actually went through the trigger guard, thereby providing a trigger lock?

This should be an interesting thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom