Crappy trigger lock trouble

So, I snatched up my WASR for some quick plinking and headed for the range. Once there, I spent 15 minutes trying to get the stupid trigger lock off. The end result? A broken key in the lock.

Can you just drill those suckers out, or is it going to be more involved?

Any suggestions?

I was considering buying a WASR, but I was unaware of a built in trigger lock. Can either of you give me any additional info?

So, I snatched up my WASR for some quick plinking and headed for the range. Once there, I spent 15 minutes trying to get the stupid trigger lock off. The end result? A broken key in the lock.

Can you just drill those suckers out, or is it going to be more involved?

Any suggestions?

.357 Magnum and REALLY good aim? [laugh]

Seriously, they should just drill out. Be VERY careful, of course. I've got a buddy's 1991 that I have to free from a very similar predicament...

Last edited:
I was considering buying a WASR, but I was unaware of a built in trigger lock. Can either of you give me any additional info?

There is no built in trigger lock on a WASR. (or any other common AK
variant, for that matter). I think in this case the OP put on one
himself, and it got jammed on.

-Mike

I'll see if I can get some of those cable locks like I gave away before. Maybe I'll have some for the Pumpkin Shoot.

I make sure that I always have a couple of trigger locks for my classes, simply to demonstrate why trigger locks are complete crap at best, and more likely positively dangerous. That's about all they're good for.

Ken

I make sure that I always have a couple of trigger locks for my classes, simply to demonstrate why trigger locks are complete crap at best, and more likely positively dangerous. That's about all they're good for.

Ken

I disagree!

They are good . . . for meeting a crappy law! And they don't pose a hazard if the gun is unloaded before being locked.

Common tools will make them irrelevant, but use of them will prevent legal charges being leveled at some poor gun owner.

I'm absolutely anal about adhering to the gun laws. Unfortunately, that pretty much negates the use of guns in home defense, which is exactly what the state wants. After all, we aren't supposed to use them in defense of our homes and families.

I disagree!

They are good . . . for meeting a crappy law! And they don't pose a hazard if the gun is unloaded before being locked.

Common tools will make them irrelevant, but use of them will prevent legal charges being leveled at some poor gun owner.

Of course the gun is unloaded before being locked. But how exactly does that prevent some unauthorized person from loading the gun afterwards? Any their use might reduce the chance of being charged with unsafe storage, but hardly prevents it. There's always the chance that some cop and/or some judge has caught wind of just how easy they are to defeat. [wink]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom