Crapola!

I was organizing my gun safe when I discovered somthing to my horror.

I have a folder inside my gunsafe with all my gun related documents, safety course certification etc. But it appears the bills of sale I recieved when i bought all my guns are missing! (I assume I lost them in some fantastically impossible way). Does this mean I am in legal trouble?

It means that when you go to sell any handgun to a dealer, they may not take it from you since you don't have proof that it was "in state" on 10/21/98! So any handguns not on EOPS List will be restricted to 4 sales/year FTF if you want to dump them inside MA.

Best to keep receipts for everything, but at least to date there is no legal requirement to do so.

It was an SKS (with a fixed mag, its not a preban assault weapon or anything), a bolt action .22, and a walther p22 (which is MA compliant). Am I in the clear?

Sounds like you'll be okay. It's only handguns that are the real pain in
the ass down here. The other stuff is almost never a problem unless
it has "preban" features on it.

-Mike

Ericman said:
It was an SKS (with a fixed mag, its not a preban assault weapon or anything), a bolt action .22, and a walther p22 (which is MA compliant). Am I in the clear?

Two of the guns are neither handguns nor large capacity; ergo, neither the AFR nor LCW rosters are even applicable. As the Walther IS Mass-compliant, what is the issue?

I found the bill of sale! But this is good info regardless, I shall be more careful in the future!

And you never know what ex-post facto law the MA legistraitors will pass next which would benefit from keeping receipts for other mundane purchases! [rolleyes]

When I bought guns in the 1970s and 1980s I never expect to "need" the receipts to ever sell them 30+ years later to a dealer! My crystal ball was never certified for long-range readings! [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom