• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Crap - Almost Forgot.

I'm having a helluva time removing the rollpin in my AR-15 trigger guard. I suspect that it's because I'm using a rear sight punch and not the proper tool. I know: "search is my friend", but I'm short on time and patience. Could someone please suggest the proper tool to remove the rollpin from my AR-15 trigger guard? Pretty puhlease? [cheers]

I have all the punches you would need (roll pin punch is recommended. ) But I am a ways to come to borrow it. Want me to mail it to you and you can mail it back?

What are you removing the trigger guard roll pin for? You're best leaving them in as the 'legs' on the lower that hold it in place are relatively fragile. You snap one and you have a big problem.

You can get punch sets dirt cheap, but you get what you pay for of course.

For knocking out roll pins make sure your punch is the right size otherwise if it's too small then the punch will get wedged inside the roll pin.

What are you removing the trigger guard roll pin for?

COuld have it going out to be engraved for SBRing or installing a Magpul Enhanced TG over the stock one are two of my guesses.

Oh yah. WW gave you some Karma for offering to do what you did for Mark. That is so gracious of you to do. Its why me and my wife love the members on the board, always willing to help out.

AD - installing a Sully Winter Trigger Guard.

WW - You are the bestestest....[cheers] Think it's time to buy some appropriate tools because as AD noted, the punch I was using was too small. I did know enough to support the ears as to not snap them off. I'm not ready for JB Weld and duct tape yet..[grin] If I can;t find one toot-sweet, I'll take you up on your offer....

Skaid - I saw that punch set and it looks nice. I talked to a tech at BCM and he was very helpful at telling me that they will custom build a "survival kit" with a phone call...may be time to take them up on it, as I'm planning one more build, (perhaps eve 2)...[wink]

BillK - As always - thanks for your input...[cheers]

WW - You are the bestestest....[cheers] Think it's time to buy some appropriate tools because as AD noted, the punch I was using was too small. I did know enough to support the ears as to not snap them off. I'm not ready for JB Weld and duct tape yet..[grin] If I can;t find one toot-sweet, I'll take you up on your offer....

Skaid - I saw that punch set and it looks nice. I talked to a tech at BCM and he was very helpful at telling me that they will custom build a "survival kit" with a phone call...may be time to take them up on it, as I'm planning one more build, (perhaps eve 2)...[wink]

Know what ya mean. I am tempted to pick up some parts. My next project I may just do a complete build myself picking upper receiver, barrel etc from the ground up. Can you find out exactly what their survival kit will have?

Know what ya mean. I am tempted to pick up some parts. My next project I may just do a complete build myself picking upper receiver, barrel etc from the ground up. Can you find out exactly what their survival kit will have?

I will...I told them I needed the basic tools for building and maintenance and the rep said that when I was ready, he'd hook me up with the basics....Good folks at Bravo Company...

I will...I told them I needed the basic tools for building and maintenance and the rep said that when I was ready, he'd hook me up with the basics....Good folks at Bravo Company...

Yup!

I will be giving detailed pics if I can get a upper receiver group. I am pretty much going to be sitting at the comp spamming check mail every 3 mins or so (these uppers sell FAST even before the obama election).

Yup!

I will be giving detailed pics if I can get a upper receiver group. I am pretty much going to be sitting at the comp spamming check mail every 3 mins or so (these uppers sell FAST even before the obama election).

I have a line on a LaRue Stealth upper if you need it. I can check to see if it's still available....

i'm a little late to the party but the BCM punches you posted are the ones by Model 1 Sales. You can probably just get them for the same price directly from M1S. I have a set and used it to build all three of mine. No frills punches, but they work great and haven't deformed from abuse.

Anytime Mark!

Sorry I did not go into more details, I was on the way out the door when I saw the post and commented quickly just to let you know which tool was needed.

i'm a little late to the party but the BCM punches you posted are the ones by Model 1 Sales. You can probably just get them for the same price directly from M1S. I have a set and used it to build all three of mine. No frills punches, but they work great and haven't deformed from abuse.

They are the same price so I am figuring that they get from the same supplier. I am getting a upper receiver group and @ $500 its free shipping so may throw that and a couple other items into the bin to hit $500. But if BCM doesn't have it in stock I will just order from M1S.

Thanks for the heads up though, greatly appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom