Craigslist Finds MEGATHREAD!!!

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.4%
37   1   0
FB marketplace, I don't know much about BGE but the price looks right.
Looks like no more than a medium sized egg. Which makes the price "OK" at most. Especially since it's with the old style nest. The insert (shown in the second picture) is of limited value IMO.

Even though my first BGE was a medium, I wouldn't go that small ever again. I have a large now, and that's really a good starting point. Even for a single person.

LuvDog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Looks like no more than a medium sized egg. Which makes the price "OK" at most. Especially since it's with the old style nest. The insert (shown in the second picture) is of limited value IMO.

Even though my first BGE was a medium, I wouldn't go that small ever again. I have a large now, and that's really a good starting point. Even for a single person.
I agree, that it looks like a Med or Small, so the price isn't great.

But why do you way the insert is of limited value?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That nest looks current-generation.

Not that I need one of these anyhow. $150 for the cart. $700 retail on the cooker. The insert is $50 maybe. $100 off plus tax??? The guy probably won it in some auction or raffle or something.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
When my Mom died a couple years ago we were all with her. My oldest was with her fiancé, now her husband and a great guy.

The medical folks come in with her personal belongings and to share their condolences. One of the "personal items" was Mom's dentures.

My daughter's husband just bellies up and takes one for the team. He takes the teeth.

In all of our emotional state we kinda forgot he had Mom's teeth. Then he gently reminded us that he still had her teeth and was not sure what to do with them. OMFG!

He is still known in the family as the keeper of the teeth.

:)

It actually looks like you could perch a set of dentures in there, for comedic effect. Hmmm....

Apparently you can get used dentures...

View attachment 353284

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
When my Mom died a couple years ago we were all with her. My oldest was with her fiancé, now her husband and a great guy.

The medical folks come in with her personal belongings and to share their condolences. One of the "personal items" was Mom's dentures.

My daughter's husband just bellies up and takes one for the team. He takes the teeth.

In all of our emotional state we kinda forgot he had Mom's teeth. Then he gently reminded us that he still had her teeth and was not sure what to do with them. OMFG!

He is still known in the family as the keeper of the teeth.

:)
When my mom passed, the mortician asked for the dentures to keep her face shape for the wake. It was something that you would never think of.

snax

NES Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0

I agree, that is stretching it for that size.
My large is just big enough.
If I were to get another, I'd go XL, and I'd shop around, more options now.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0

northny

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Between Cabelas and Harvard Sportsmen’s Club
Lately CL has been full of spam. Try looking under ATV / UTV section for Ranger or Gator. 99% of listings are spam. Prices too good to be true, Reduced prices, very little detail in description. Then go to another state, and you will find the same add, same picture, same description same contact info listed in another town in that state.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I had to be one of the first attempted-scam-ee's on CL. 11 years ago. Some guy selling a bass boat WITH a 9.9 in Plymouth. Cheap money. Fairly brand new. Lots of GOOD pix. Looks like the photos are in FL or something but a MA reg#.

I contacted the guy. "Oh, I'm in wherever and the boat is in XYZ Yard in Jersey. I can have them ship it up to you after you pay me, yada yada."

I was so sad. Total scam. Crushed. I thought I was getting $10K of boat for $2.5K.

GaryO

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Usually a Google search of the picture will show ads in a few different states with the same information but different locations.

Woodsloafer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lately CL has been full of spam. Try looking under ATV / UTV section for Ranger or Gator. 99% of listings are spam. Prices too good to be true, Reduced prices, very little detail in description. Then go to another state, and you will find the same add, same picture, same description same contact info listed in another town in that state.
Yup, it is getting ridiculous, half the ads for John Deere tractors and backhoes in the Farm & Heavy Equipment sections are fake. Any thing that is a good deal or better is some type of scheme.

jayhitek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I thought CL masks yours email address? If you contact them what do they do?

But this FB Marketplace listing is great. Surprised they're also not offering free compost.. by picking up all the leave in their yard.

Edit: I see. CL masks the sellers email address not the buyer contacting them.
Edit 2: I just sent the 6x10 Dump trailer an email from my yahoo acct that I don't really use. Asked where he was located.. Want to see what he comes back with.

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom