CR2354 batteries?

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67409

I'm considering an optic that uses CR2354 batteries. How do these compare to CR2032s in terms of longevity and availability? Obviously, a slightly larger battery.

A CR2354 is nominally rated at 560 mAh, 1.68 Wh. A Cr2032 is nominally rated at 225 mAh, 0.68 Wh. So a CR2354 has about two and a half times the capacity of a CR2032 (they are both 3.0 v.)

If by longevity you mean shelf life, they are the same, since they are both Lithium. If you mean how long they will last in the optic, it all depends on the power requirements of the optic. But if everything is the same you would expect the CR2354 to last about twice as long. They are both available from Amazon. (FYI the CR2354 is used in the Tesla Model X keyfob.)

Last edited:
A CR2354 is nominally rated at 560 mAh, 1.68 Wh. A Cr2032 is nominally rated at 225 mAh, 0.68 Wh. So a CR2354 has about two and a half times the capacity of a CR2032 (they are both 3.0 v.)

If by longevity you mean shelf life, they are the same, since they are both Lithium. If you mean how long they will last in the optic, it all depends on the power requirements of the optic. But if everything is the same you would expect the CR2354 to last about twice as long. They are both available from Amazon. (FYI the CR2354 is used in the Tesla Model X keyfob.)
This. Although at first glance one would think the 2354 would give you much longer run time, it greatly depends on what the optics requirements are.

I'm considering an optic that uses CR2354 batteries. How do these compare to CR2032s in terms of longevity and availability? Obviously, a slightly larger battery.
Nowadays you can buy CR2032's in any drug store; possibly any gas station Mini-Mart.
Maybe some are crappy batteries, but you can buy them anywhere.

How do CR2354's compare on logistics, on availability?

Well, since you already need them for your Tesla Model X keyfob what difference does it make?😁 They seem to be generally available on-line but I doubt if most stores stock them (unless they cater to Tesla owners). There is a hack to use a CR2032 in place of the 2354:

Back
Top Bottom