CR123/CR123A Batteries

I've been getting them from Amazon.com since they seem to be the cheapest. I ended up buying two from a local hardware store and I think they were $7/piece. [shocked]

Where's everybody else sourcing theirs from? I've used SureFire branded ones, Energizer and Tenergy (spelling?). Any one better than others?

Sorry, I'm pretty battery ignorant.

What are you using them in? My flashlights all use two, so I use rechargeables, much cheaper in the long run. I keep one pair of 123s at work and a pair at home for backup.

What's the price on Amazon? Most light companies will sell them at about $1-1.50 in multi packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last time I ordered, I bought the 12-pack directly from Surefire: $21 + 6.95 shipping + 2.45 sales tax comes out to $2.53/battery.

In comparison, only one store local to me carries the Surefire 12-pack, and they wanted $38 plus sales tax.

PS: I don't leave batteries in my flashlights unless I'm carrying the flashlight.

I usually use Titanium Innovations batteries from Battery Junction when I'm not using AW rechargeable ones. They start at $1 each.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

The last time I ordered, I bought the 12-pack directly from Surefire: $21 + 6.95 shipping + 2.45 sales tax comes out to $2.53/battery.

In comparison, only one store local to me carries the Surefire 12-pack, and they wanted $38 plus sales tax.

PS: I don't leave batteries in my flashlights unless I'm carrying the flashlight.

I did the same

I use Panasonic 18650 rechargeables. They are worth it and a good charger is worth every penny

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro - typos are from the GD auto correct unless they are funny substitutions those I'll take credit for.

I don't leave batteries in my flashlights unless I'm carrying the flashlight.

My flashlight is with me all the time; pants on, then belt, flashlight, knife, wallet and gun if carrying. In that order every day, for twelve years, lol.

My understanding is that Panasonic is the only manufacturer of CR123's in the US and everyone gets them from them and puts their own wrapper on them. Domestic CR123's are all the same. The overseas are a different story.

Running Tenergy Rechargable RCR123As in all my FourSevens lights for the past two years. If left on the brightest setting the flashlights will overheat, so usually I'll run them on High instead of Turbo. So far so good.

I purchased a charger and buy my rechargeable batteries from Amazon using the Comm2A purchase link. I find re charging is far less expensive then buying batteries in bulk. just beware of the output some state they offer. One particular stated 100 when in fact it was half that , 600. .

I also picked up a solar adapter for my charger so if need be in a bug out situation I still can recharge my batteries.

What are you using them in? My flashlights all use two, so I use rechargeables, much cheaper in the long run. I keep one pair of 123s at work and a pair at home for backup.

What's the price on Amazon? Most light companies will sell them at about $1-1.50 in multi packs.

You can get close to $1/unit if you buy in bulk in Amazon. The Tenergy brand ones are $45 for 40 individual units. They are used in several mounted weapon lights but I also have two or three handheld ones.

picked them at radio shack for about 5$ a pair

Last time I ran out I found Surefires at Lowe's @ 2 for $5.00.

This is what I'm trying to avoid. I think anything more than $2/battery is pretty expensive. I do find myself doing this though since I notice that the output sucks at inopportune times.

dgrafton,

I didn't want you to get the wrong impression, that I go out without a flashlight.

I probably have 10 or more working "carry" flashlights; I meant: when they are "on the shelf", I remove the batteries.

Even my ZTS Pulse Load Multi-Battery Tester MBT-1, I remove the 4-AAs when it's not in use.

I gotcha. I just don't get why people will not carry a light, especially with output to size now.

Back
Top Bottom