CPAC: Watch Wayne LaPierre LIVE today at 12:30 p.m.

I’m too burnt out on politics nowadays to watch much of it, but I already set an alarm so I don’t miss Pres. Trump’s speech. Don’t want to miss that.

I could give two sh!ts what that turd has to say. The fact that he is still a part of the NRA says all I need to know.

This, unless that piece of garbage is getting on the mic to tell us he's leaving the NRA because he thinks it needs new leadership, I don't want to hear a damned thing he has to say.

This, unless that piece of garbage is getting on the mic to tell us he's leaving the NRA because he thinks it needs new leadership, I don't want to hear a damned thing he has to say.
Wayne has to know how people feel about him...unless he he has been living under a rock the past few years. Is he that egotistical that he is willing to bring down what used to be a good institution just because he wants to be a dick and a pretentious bastard?

Wayne has to know how people feel about him...unless he he has been living under a rock the past few years. Is he that egotistical that he is willing to bring down what used to be a good institution just because he wants to be a dick?

Part of the problem is there are still a bunch of airhead gun owners that think that the NRA isnt f***ed up and just blindly still support them like lemmings despite all the internal scandals, and
general worthlessness going on internally. Or they carry this blind faith that "because they piss off the antis they are doing good" blah blah, etc.

Wayne has to know how people feel about him...unless he he has been living under a rock the past few years. Is he that egotistical that he is willing to bring down what used to be a good institution just because he wants to be a dick and a pretentious bastard?

If you were getting paid (and stealing) that kind of money, would you really care what anyone thought??

Ya wanta know something? Wayne reminds me of the swamp creatures that have infested .gov. I saw all of 10 seconds of him before I walked away from the TV and it wasn’t until I was going to bed when the thought came to me.

This. I'm not nearly as upset as most with his expense accounts and such. He's been a very effective leader in the past. If hte want to run some of his salary as perq's, I'm OK with that.

But knowing that a large % of the folks out there are gunning for your head - it's usually a time to step away. Even if it's just a 6 month leave of absence or something.

Honestly - they should have never made him head honcho. I thought that when it happened. Should have left him in lobbying only. Put someone else in charge. Because you can't demote him back to head lobbyist.

It feels as though the NRA allowing Wayne to represent it at CPAC was a giant middle finger to the rank and file NRA members. I was concerned about the future of the NRA when NY first went after them. I'm starting to believe that the NRA is so arrogant that they will ignore the critical imperative to change and will maintain the status quo instead. Current NRA leadership seems content to ride this pig into the ground so long as they can grift another dime off of the members.

The NRA is turning itself into a giant distraction in the middle of the gun control debate. It's time to start considering the opportunity cost of allowing the NRA to continue squandering the funding it receives. Instead of burning capital on trying to save the NRA, maybe we should focus on what replaces it?

It feels as though the NRA allowing Wayne to represent it at CPAC was a giant middle finger to the rank and file NRA members. I was concerned about the future of the NRA when NY first went after them. I'm starting to believe that the NRA is so arrogant that they will ignore the critical imperative to change and will maintain the status quo instead. Current NRA leadership seems content to ride this pig into the ground so long as they can grift another dime off of the members.

The NRA is turning itself into a giant distraction in the middle of the gun control debate. It's time to start considering the opportunity cost of allowing the NRA to continue squandering the funding it receives. Instead of burning capital on trying to save the NRA, maybe we should focus on what replaces it?
The NRA literally borders on being swamp creature status at this point.

Yup, he keeps pissing me off when I get NRA emails with his name on it asking for money. I'm a PATRON, you got my money with my membership.

Didn't and won't watch it.
But I bet it went something like ...
"Greatest threat to your second amendment right EVER, send money, lots of money."

The guy was dead to me the second I heard about back door dealing us on red flag laws and trying to queer up constitutional carry in FL and NH behind the scenes .

Part of the problem is there are still a bunch of airhead gun owners that think that the NRA isnt f***ed up and just blindly still support them like lemmings despite all the internal scandals, and
general worthlessness going on internally. Or they carry this blind faith that "because they piss off the antis they are doing good" blah blah, etc.
The NRA has become the equivalent of the teachers unions..

they just don’t seem to really care about anything other than growing themselves..

Back
Top Bottom