Coyotes

I plan to start hunting coyotes this fall. Does anyone have a suggestion for good areas in southeastern MA...Plymouth, Barnstable, Norfolk, or Bristol counties???

They're pretty much everywhere. My wife just opened the garage door and found one standing in the street. We live in Hull which is pretty residential, no wooded areas nearby.
I don't know the legality of hunting them. A few years ago the town hired a hunter after a coyote grabbed a poodle being walked by an elderly woman. He had killed 3-4 before the town was ordered to stop the practice.

Any WMA where they stock pheasants. They throw the birds down and the same night it is like the buffet in vegas for the coyotes. It is still very hard to shoot one but they will be there. If you have not hunted them before try using a tree stand.

Also if you find a place near the ocean you can use fish or mussles for bait.

I live in uxbridge and work in northbridge and we have them every where, i was leaving work one night and saw a yote dog so i sat in my truck and waited, within 45min i saw 4 differant dogs come through. I will kill them all come open season.

Back
Top Bottom