Coyote Killed; May Have Attacked 2 in Suburb

September 6, 2010

RYE BROOK, N.Y. -- A coyote was shot and killed Monday, thought to have been the same animal that attacked a teen and a toddler in two separate incidents within about an hour a day earlier.

Authorities were tracking the animal after a pair of attacks Sunday, and the animal lunged at a trapper, then apparently attacked its own pup.

"I followed the coyote, then it lunged at me," trapper Jim Horton told the Journal News. "I hit, it flipped over, then it lunged at me again. Then I just chased it through the woods for 45 minutes."

Horton pursued the animal and police, armed with weapons, were able to eventually shoot the coyote.

READ MORE

I saw a fox walking around in broad daylight yesterday. Not normal fox behavior at all. I wish it had wandered a little closer to the edge of the road.

I saw a fox walking around in broad daylight yesterday. Not normal fox behavior at all. I wish it had wandered a little closer to the edge of the road.

I have red and gray foxes and coyotes on my trail cam in broad daylight all the time they do come out during the day you just don't notice it as much it is racoons that you should not see period during daylight. both of these animals are actually for the most part diurnal(meaning they come out at dusk and predawn mostly)not nocturnal as most people think. Just throwing it out there no need to just kill them to kiill them if they are out during the day.

I saw a Coyote seating at a school bus stop the other morning at 8am in Hyde Park right after the kids left. The weird part was, it's a busy street.

Back
Top Bottom