• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Coyote attacks child - 2018

CSULA Officer Fires at Coyote That Attacked 5-Year-Old

"A campus police officer fired at a coyote that was attacking a 5-year-old child at Cal State Los Angeles Wednesday night.

The shooting was reported about 8:15 p.m., according to Officer Tony Im of the Los Angeles Police Department, which was assisting in the shooting investigation.

The attack happened near the campus' parking structure D, according to officials. Shortly after the child's attack, a female student walking near the area was approached aggressively by a coyote. University spokesman Robert Lopez presumes it was the same coyote.

Officials considered both incidents before deciding to open fire. After searching for the animal, an unknown amount of rounds were fired at a coyote after they spotted one believed to be the attacker roaming around campus.

The child, whose leg was bitten by the coyote, was taken to a hospital and is in unknown condition."

Coyote attacks 9-year-old girl in Davie County; ‘I am so happy that it did not get my eye’

"ADVANCE, N.C. -- A 9-year-old girl is recovering after a coyote attacked her outside her home in Davie County.

The animal got away, and her family says coyotes are an ongoing and dangerous problem in the community.

The North Carolina Wildlife Resource Commission says coyote attacks on people are very rare and it's uncommon for them to contract rabies.

But this one attacked 9-year-old Madilyn Fowler unprovoked and her family didn't want to take any chances."

Coyote attacking children on playground throttled by off-duty officer

"As King-Petrellese repeatedly punched the coyote, Liberatore — a martial arts practitioner — jumped on top of it, clutched its neck and slammed its head on the ground.

"I just sat and tried to squeeze the life out of it," Liberatore told WNBC. "But it was pretty resilient."

coyote-activity-warning.jpg

Back
Top Bottom