• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cowboy Action

Death Valley Rose said:
C-pher said:
Let me know when you plan on going to a shoot. You're more than welcome to come out with us to a match or two.

I would love to - but the commute might be a factor . . . I live in California!

I was thinking Hawgleg, but you do know that you're more than welcome if you ever come over to this side. You have shootin' buddies. I'll take you to the club and put up some steel, even if we don't have a match planned.

And I don't know where you are in respect to LA. But I think that I'm going to have to go out to our LA office in the next few months. If you're around, we'll have to go shooting.

C-pher-Thanks for the offer. I definately will take you up on it when I'm ready to go. Unfortunately, it will probably be late this year at the rate things are going now. I have had five surgeries in the past two years and I have two more planned from an accident five years ago.

I may be trading my 686 for a .357 mag 4-5/8" SS Ruger Blackhawk I used to own early next week. If most clubs allow you to shoot with a modern adjustable sighted single action, I'll be all set when I come across another. At least I have plenty of time before I heal up to trade for another!

C-pher said:
Death Valley Rose said:
C-pher said:
Let me know when you plan on going to a shoot. You're more than welcome to come out with us to a match or two.

I would love to - but the commute might be a factor . . . I live in California!

I was thinking Hawgleg, but you do know that you're more than welcome if you ever come over to this side. You have shootin' buddies. I'll take you to the club and put up some steel, even if we don't have a match planned.

And I don't know where you are in respect to LA. But I think that I'm going to have to go out to our LA office in the next few months. If you're around, we'll have to go shooting.

We're in Ridgecrest - a couple of hours drive, but well worth it.

We'll loan you whatever you feel like shooting (short of a machine gun<g>). There's a map of the range on our site - www.rgra.org if you need directions.

I have a pair of Ruger Blackhawks that I shoot in the Modern class. And if you need, you can borrow one of mine. They are blued, and 6-1/2" barrel. But you're welcome to borrow one or both if you want to come out and shoot. Or I can round you up a pair of Veq .357's as well.

Just saying, if you want to get out sooner, I'll get you some pistols to use.

I just got an e-mail from a friend and may be getting another Blackhawk, just like the one I hope to trade for next week. We'll see, but I may have everything I need. I just have to get started making the holsters now.

Where do you shoot your matches? How often do you have them?

Death Valley Rose said:

We'll loan you whatever you feel like shooting (short of a machine gun<g>). There's a map of the range on our site - www.rgra.org if you need directions.[/quote]

Thanks, that's great to know. I'll have to figure out when we're going to come out that way. And how much play time that we'll have and see what we can work out. Are you north or south? Because I doubt it, but I might be making a trip to our Chico and Marysville office as well. Not sure yet.

Hawgleg44 said:
I just got an e-mail from a friend and may be getting another Blackhawk, just like the one I hope to trade for next week. We'll see, but I may have everything I need. I just have to get started making the holsters now.

Where do you shoot your matches? How often do you have them?

We shoot wherever there's a shoot and we have time. But our club is out of Mansfield. You can get the schedule here.
http://www.mansfieldfish.com/Site Pages/Activities/Cowboy/Cowboy.CAS Schedule 2006.pdf

But we also shoot matches at Scituate Rod & Gun Club, thier schedule is here.
http://www.scituaterg.com/cowboy.htm

That's quite a haul for me to get there, but it sounds like it's worth it. After the surgeons get my lower back squared away (they finally took care of my neck after three surgeries-just got out of my neck brace for the first time this past wednesday since 10-25-05!) and I'm having testing on my lower back and right wrist this coming week. Depending on what that shows, I may be able to make it to a shoot sometime this summer.

I have located three more 4-5/8" Blackhawks, two .357's and one .45LC, so i'll have to see what deals I can work out. I should know by next week if I have all the guns needed for the shoots or not.

C-pher said:
Death Valley Rose said:

We'll loan you whatever you feel like shooting (short of a machine gun<g>). There's a map of the range on our site - www.rgra.org if you need directions.

Thanks, that's great to know. I'll have to figure out when we're going to come out that way. And how much play time that we'll have and see what we can work out. Are you north or south? Because I doubt it, but I might be making a trip to our Chico and Marysville office as well. Not sure yet.[/quote]

We're south - near Death Valley (Hence my alias) - from the LA area you'd take the 14 to 395.

Anyone from back east who comes out this way is always welcome to shoot with us. If there isn't a scheduled match, we'll get a few of the gang together if you want competition.

Back
Top Bottom