Covid-19 Round 2.0

FIFO (first in first out) on all of your stores. I have thawed and eaten meat that was 2 years old from the deep freeze. It is no longer in its prime but no issues. Mostly my freezer meat is for roasting or stewing.
Red pepper flakes will smooth out the taste of old ground beef...

Well, that and three fingers of Bourbon...

1600221940029.png

Which reminds me... top off your liquor preps. [rofl2]

I was worried about an other covid round, but the more I think about it, im not sure. The people around me are pretty well over the whole thing, and I don't see them buying into the panic again.

Civil unrest, however, is something I am concerned about.

I could probably re-stock on some things, but I'm not sure I see the panic buying we saw in the spring returning even with a fall spike. Time will tell, but I better buy another 500 rolls of TP!!

Big storms out west in the last couple of weeks decimated something like 14 million acres of crops, mostly corn.

edit:

The devastating August 10th derecho impacted 14 million Iowa cropland acres, according to new estimates from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

The Iowa Soybean Association on Friday cited new data from the USDA’s Risk Management Agency showing 37.7 million acres of farmland across the Midwest was affected by the storm. Iowa’s 14 million acres included 5.64 million acres of soybeans and 8.18 million acres of corn. On Tuesday, the Iowa Department of Agriculture had estimated 10 million acres may have been impacted.

We'll see a spike in cases due to several things
1. Kids/Colleges are back in session
2. Even more testing - colleges/athletes are going to test every day
3. Everyone is tired of it and people have gone back to socializing

With that said, I don't think we'll see hospital numbers or deaths increase significantly.
We'll see Flu get mixed in and that will add to respiratory issues/deaths

We'll make it through September. In October, the media and the Dems will use those numbers to spread fear again. And then institute lock downs. That plays in to the mail in voter situation that they want. My guess, is that early-mid October before the elections, we'll see another lock down.

So think about what you ran short of last time. For us, it wasn't food or TP. It was dishwashing soap/detergent, hand soap and napkins - since we ate many more meals at home. Even then, we never ran out, but had to dip in to the reserves which we were able to restock after the initial rush.

Also as a reminder...get those things you were thinking about buying in the spring now, just in case things go even half as crazy

For instance, vegetable seeds were difficult to find this year and were limited in many places.
Now is a good time to buy them and hold them for next year as supplies and availability are finally coming back.

It was said above, but the Flu will most likely be counted as corona now that winter is coming close.

The politicians WILL use that against us.

(Hiding behind a T/P fort in an undisclosed location)

It was said above, but the Flu will most likely be counted as corona now that winter is coming close.

The politicians WILL use that against us.

(Hiding behind a T/P fort in an undisclosed location)

1600310175385.png

Now I want eggs... sunny-side up!

Someone here put up a podcast link where(supposedly) industry insiders are saying they're forecasting 2 to 3 times worse than COVID 1.0, not for a lack of food but the packaging coming out of China. That and with the floods in China ruining their crops they'll be buying as much food as thy can from overseas, so it'll be China, Brazil, India, and us vying for food this winter.

Edit: Here it is.

I read somewhere, maybe BI or Forbes that the USA has been slowly dissmanteling the reliance on "China is ass hoe" with regards to manufacturing. I think it was an interview with Peter Navarro.

So I believe that will be where we see hiccups in the supply chain... Which will cause panic and shortages.

I forget which of my forums had a post on it but.... If you need disposable vinyl or latex gloves.... They have doubled in price in the last two/ three weeks....IF you can even find them. I just found a supplier that still had them and have 15 cases coming to stash away for my restaurant. Just a heads up. Fyi with shipping they are up to $.08/glove they were probably $.028/per? Pre-covid? Now I'm curious and will have to pull some old invoices lol/crying

Featured article in BMJ yesterday. I would be surprised if a second wave happens. To be blunt, the pandemic would go away overnight if they just stopped testing asymptomatic people.

It seemed a truth universally acknowledged that the human population had no pre-existing immunity to SARS-CoV-2, but is that actually the case? Peter Doshi explores the emerging research on immunological responses
Even in local areas that have experienced some of the greatest rises in excess deaths during the covid-19 pandemic, serological surveys since the peak indicate that at most only around a fifth of people have antibodies to SARS-CoV-2: 23% in New York, 18% in London, 11% in Madrid.123 Among the general population the numbers are substantially lower, with many national surveys reporting in single digits.

With public health responses around the world predicated on the assumption that the virus entered the human population with no pre-existing immunity before the pandemic,4 serosurvey data are leading many to conclude that the virus has, as Mike Ryan, WHO’s head of emergencies, put it, “a long way to burn.”

Yet a stream of studies that have documented SARS-CoV-2 reactive T cells in people without exposure to the virus are raising questions about just how new the pandemic virus really is, with many implications.

Featured article in BMJ yesterday. I would be surprised if a second wave happens. To be blunt, the pandemic would go away overnight if they just stopped testing asymptomatic people.

Are you trying to use science and logic? Ain't nobody got time for that... this is about how media and liberals want to use emotion and sensationalism.

They're upping the amount of asymptomatic people being tested - every college kid is getting tested multiple times (athletes every day), pro athletes, interstate travelers, etc.

They want the numbers to spike again before the election. It's about controlling the population.

I have a solid supply of both TP and paper towels. Enough TP to ride out rev. 2.0 in comfort.

IF people don't go batshitcrazy [again] food supply won't be an issue. I do have a good supply of chili and sauce (made the sauce last weekend) in the freezer. Flour was bloody hard to get during the full retard stage of rev. 1.0, so I've made sure to have a decent stockpile on hand. Getting ready to order another pound of yeast so that I won't run out and not be able to get any later. I figured a pound will last me about 9-10 months.

I have some room left in the chest freezer, so I might get some additional protein items to vacuum pack and put in there.

Advice to anyone who will heed it...

Round 2.0 is in the wind. Have you added to your food preps? Time to re-stock that freezer and pantry.
If you still have stuff from Round 1.0... time to use it up and replace it with FRESH.

Have plenty of meds on hand? Refill early, buy extra if you can. Little extra cash?

Disinfecting/cleaning/paper supplies? TP?

Do you have a generator properly set up, with maintenance supplies like oil/air filters/spark plugs? Stabilized Gasoline?

Ammo is not the highest priority...

Best wishes for you and your families,
~Enbloc
Outstanding sir!!!

I was worried about an other covid round, but the more I think about it, im not sure. The people around me are pretty well over the whole thing, and I don't see them buying into the panic again.

Civil unrest, however, is something I am concerned about.

It’s crazy how location dependent this is. Granted they just passed a mandate but even before that basically everyone in Portsmouth wears a mask. Even when walking outside alone. I stopped at the Rochester liquor store yesterday and masks were in the minority. Lakes region area no one really gives a f***.

civil unrest, however, is something I’m concerned about in Portsmouth area. So many uppity rich white liberals up on their high horse with the BLM shit, sprinkle in some RBG dying and Trump nominating and replacing her before the election. The simulation is on overload.

We’re preparing our camp in the lakes region to be more comfortable year round in case we need to be there for an extended time.

I’m fairly concerned about food shortages from election time through spring.

Back
Top Bottom