Covid-19 Round 2.0

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
Advice to anyone who will heed it...

Round 2.0 is in the wind. Have you added to your food preps? Time to re-stock that freezer and pantry.
If you still have stuff from Round 1.0... time to use it up and replace it with FRESH.

Have plenty of meds on hand? Refill early, buy extra if you can. Little extra cash?

Disinfecting/cleaning/paper supplies? TP?

Do you have a generator properly set up, with maintenance supplies like oil/air filters/spark plugs? Stabilized Gasoline?

Ammo is not the highest priority...

Best wishes for you and your families,
~Enbloc

You mean you humans are STILL too stupid to understand that vitamin D supplementation along with Zinc/Quercetin will head it off, and if it doesn't, MATH+ will fix it?

This shit shouldn't even be a THING any longer. The only reason it is, is the Donks won't let it go away.

You mean you humans are STILL too stupid to understand that vitamin D supplementation along with Zinc/Quercetin will head it off, and if it doesn't, MATH+ will fix it?

This shit shouldn't even be a THING any longer. The only reason it is, is the Donks won't let it go away.
Oh, I'm not worried about getting sick...

I'm worried about the stampedes that are sure to happen, and the bare shelves left in their wakes.

Hindsight is not 20/20... It's a Spotting Scope.

1600208831355.png

Oh, I'm not worried about getting sick...

I'm worried about the stampedes that are sure to happen, and the bare shelves left in their wakes.
But it's SO.
SO.
f***ING.
STUPID.

I have always had doubts about you creatures, but never, NEVER have I figured you'd engage in the wholesale idiocy I've seen with this Wuhan thing.

Honestly, you do NOT deserve to be in charge of a carnival, let along a civilization. To allow the Communists to use a mild virus as an excuse to seize control is inexcusable.

I'm confused. No one starved to death during round 1. How's the theoretical round 2 going to be different?
No different, except now we know what inventory will look like. Starve to death? Not likely...

I have a couple of doctor friends who think you will see a rise in Covid due to the weakened immune systems from the flu vaccine. And that the CDC will use the lower cases of flu, and the increased cases of Covid to push a Covid vaccine.

I should clarify that they don’t think COVID is the Black Death it was sold as, just that certain powers could be looking to ratchet up the panic level of masses

Last edited:
Advice to anyone who will heed it...

Round 2.0 is in the wind. Have you added to your food preps? Time to re-stock that freezer and pantry.
If you still have stuff from Round 1.0... time to use it up and replace it with FRESH.

Have plenty of meds on hand? Refill early, buy extra if you can. Little extra cash?

Disinfecting/cleaning/paper supplies? TP?

Do you have a generator properly set up, with maintenance supplies like oil/air filters/spark plugs? Stabilized Gasoline?

Ammo is not the highest priority...

Best wishes for you and your families,
~Enbloc
Said this to wife last week. She looked at me like I was smoking crack.

Great post.
As with round 1, Fresh veggies are going to be difficult and the first to go. :(

I'm wondering about my Frozen meats, I just froze them all in March.....I need to eat all these and replenish with new frozen stuff??? :confused:

No different, except now we know what inventory will look like. Starve to death? Not likely...

Shrug. For me, food-wise, at least, it was a slight lifestyle change sure but not wildly so.

Pet food was harder to find than human food, mainly because my GSDs do best on a certain brand/protein. I'll eat and be fine on f***ing anything.

I'm wondering about my Frozen meats, I just froze them all in March.....I need to eat all these and replenish with new frozen stuff??? :confused:
3 months is max for me with frozen meats. Peas and carrots... much longer!

This thread may have come off a little "Panic-y". (I do have issues with tone in my writing. [rofl2])

Instead it should be a friendly reminder (for those of us who would like to be ahead-of-the-curve,) to buy things you may need now... while they are still available and on the shelves.

SKY STATUS: LEVEL IV, Not falling...

Last edited:
What I've heard is that we're in for more shortages due to supply issues from China, ie. no packaging to put our stuff in to sell it, various plants missing vital components, that sort of thing.

I just ordered a 9 month supply of my dog's favorite bones and have almost that much dog food.
Stocked up on necessities like underwear, socks, eyeglasses (many pairs of readers), extra pair of sneakers - things I'm happy to have extra of if no shortages occur.
Plan to get an extra set of windshield wipers for the car.

What I've heard is that we're in for more shortages due to supply issues from China, ie. no packaging to put our stuff in to sell it, various plants missing vital components, that sort of thing.

I just ordered a 9 month supply of my dog's favorite bones and have almost that much dog food.
Stocked up on necessities like underwear, socks, eyeglasses (many pairs of readers), extra pair of sneakers - things I'm happy to have extra of if no shortages occur.
Plan to get an extra set of windshield wipers for the car.
This! ^
So this...

Im still eating beef from the freezer from a year ago. Going to start plugging in the extra freezers and filling over the next month. The tougher part will be convincing the rest of my family they need to think about it now, not November. We used to eat frozen chicken over a year old too, no issues (homegrown)

If you need new tires that might be good to get now too

Great post.
As with round 1, Fresh veggies are going to be difficult and the first to go. :(

FIFO (first in first out) on all of your stores. I have thawed and eaten meat that was 2 years old from the deep freeze. It is no longer in its prime but no issues. Mostly my freezer meat is for roasting or stewing.

Not even necessarily round 2 (which there will be) but factor in typical fall/winter illness, and the sniffles and a mild cough get quickly blown out of proportion.

I’m not worried about starving to death as much as I am about finding the things that go quick; soup, pasta, meat, dry goods (lord knows everyone’ll be baking again), and freaking tater tots!

Any inkling of a resurgence, or second spike, and the masses will clean out Stop and Shop in a matter of days, toilet paper included. I only hope that everyone has become more cognizant of the situation and isn’t still living week to week but has a decent supply of necessary items so that the frequency of panic and bulk buying is mitigated.

Back
Top Bottom