Court rules for Newtown Parents. Remington Lawsuit

So I guess I’m good to go with my lawsuit against Ford and Nissan for the fatal accident where my passenger was killed due to someone texting and driving ? This is the most ridiculous lawsuit I’ve ever heard of and has political bullshit written all over it

Don't forget Apple or Android for having the tech to text on the phones.... unreal

Don't forget Apple or Android for having the tech to text on the phones.... unreal

No kidding. I can’t wrap my head around how this is valid. Even if I were not a firearm owner I can’t see it. This means despite the product not failing or how it is used ,

So I guess I’m good to go with my lawsuit against Ford and Nissan for the fatal accident where my passenger was killed due to someone texting and driving ? This is the most ridiculous lawsuit I’ve ever heard of and has political bullshit written all over it

Yes. And according to AOC the banks that finance them as well (based on her questioning of the Wells Fargo CEO in regards to the keystone pipeline). To take it a step further if the person who caused you this was driving a GM vehicle then you should be able to sue the federal government because after all they bailed them out so it’s like financing them in certain ways.

In 2016, a lower court had dismissed the lawsuit saying that Remington could not be sued because federal laws protect gun makers from liability when their products are used in crimes.

Basically you've got a majority of judges that are just a-holes.

"Yeah, we decided that they can ignore federal law."

I honestly don't understand how people can manage the mental contortions to come up with this sort of ruling.

Can you sue Victorinox when someone uses one of their kitchen knives for a murder? Can you sue Titleist when someone misuses a golf club?

Of course you can't, because those would both be obviously stupid.

Even in the case of drunk driving you can't sue Jack Daniel's, and you can only sometimes sue the bar that served the drunk!

"The families are grateful that our state’s Supreme Court has rejected the gun industry’s bid for complete immunity, not only from the consequences of their reckless conduct but also from the truth-seeking discovery process. The families’ goal has always been to shed light on Remington’s calculated and profit-driven strategy to expand the AR-15 market and court high-risk users, all at the expense of Americans’ safety. Today’s decision is a critical step toward achieving that goal.”

Really says:

The families are grateful that the court ruled not to follow the letter nor the spirit of the Federal law

Last edited:
In that RI nightclub fire everybody got sued, but they all settled. I think Heineken got sued because their name was on the coasters.

Wasn’t there a similar suit a couple of years ago and plaintiff had to pay all the legal fees when it was thrown out?

Somebody should point out to these folks that the survivors of one of the Aurora CO theater victims wound up owing about a quarter $million to the lawyers representing the ammo company they sued and lost.
Edit: Snapshot types faster. Yep, but that was a federal court. Remington has deep pockets and plenty of lawyers. Popcorn time.

I am curious why the family wasn't sued they were the actual cause. If this was to be upheld forget everything known to man being manufactured again. You could sue Ticonderoga if someone killed you with a pencil.

I am curious why the family wasn't sued they were the actual cause. If this was to be upheld forget everything known to man being manufactured again. You could sue Ticonderoga if someone killed you with a pencil.

Deeper pockets? Another agenda?

Back
Top Bottom