Court rules for Newtown Parents. Remington Lawsuit

not really sure how Remington is responsible. The gun was sold to someone who had the proper licensing and credentials to buy it. She was tortured until she gave the the key or combo to her safe and then killed if I remember correctly. Then the gun was then stolen and used for this event. Neither Remington or the gun shop sold that firearm to the lunatic.

So I do not see how either would be responsible.

This is sane rational thinking. These people don't function that way. They're totally irrational and insane.

Sue the town police that issued the mother's firearm permit.
Sue the state that allowed the firearm to be sold to the mom.
Sue the Federal government for allowing the background check to go through.
Sue the car manufacturer of the vehicle Adam used to drive to the school that day.
Sue the gas company of the fuel used in said vehicle.
Sue the tire company that manufactured the tires that allowed the vehicle to roll to the school.
Sue the all the parts and suppliers of anything used by Adam and his mother in the commitment of said murders since they were both born of this world.
Sue the food store that supplied the food that Adam consumed before this atrocity.
Sue the doctors and pharmaceutical companies of the drugs that failed to stop his killings.

Lastly sue the lawyers that even thought that any of these had any reason to be guilty of anything. When it was clear as day that Adam was to blame!

This is clearly an "interstate commerce" issue, therefore congress is to blame. Sue them individually, too.

I doubt that it's going to end in CT.
I'm hoping that the useful idiots end up with crippling debt over it.
Like the other suit that was mentioned, the ones egging them on from behind will vanish like roaches into the woodwork and leave them holding the bag.

They won't end up in any debt probably. The other case only ended that way because colorado has a law in place that allows defendants in frivolous lawsuits to dump their lawyer and court fees on the one that launched the suit.

Edit: quick google says CT does have something like that in place but IANAL and don't know if it would apply in this case.

They won't end up in any debt probably. The other case only ended that way because colorado has a law in place that allows defendants in frivolous lawsuits to dump their lawyer and court fees on the one that launched the suit.

Edit: quick google says CT does have something like that in place but IANAL and don't know if it would apply in this case.
You would hope considering existing law is crystal clear on this.

How does this get to SCOTUS? Does someone now have to sue CT In Federal court regarding this ruling or can it jump from CT direct to SCOTUS?

The problem with your ad is in the 1950's people who had mental issues were put in state hospitals so they could not become a problem to society. The liberals and ACLU decided it was inhumane and they were better off living on their own so now those who were once housed now walk freely and kill liberals.

If I am understanding this correctly I can sue Monsanto for engineering the seeds that the farmer used to grow the wheat that the brewery used to make the beer that the bar sold me the night I got arrested for drunk driving?

If I am understanding this correctly I can sue Monsanto for engineering the seeds that the farmer used to grow the wheat that the brewery used to make the beer that the bar sold me the night I got arrested for drunk driving?
In Connecticut, apparently so, and despite any federal law that explicitly says you can't.

Not yet. You can sue the manufacturer of the product. Next shoe to drop will be suing the manufacturers of the components.

Funny I don’t remember any ads for a bushmaster same as issued to the military and will shoot up your local school as an added bonus. So be the first kid on the block to get one!

Unbelievable. Flies in the face of Federal law, which liberals like to pick and choose what they follow and prosecute.

Not to mention the precedent that it sets. Like an earlier poster identified, car companies can be sued for illegal use of their products as well as any company

According to AOC Remingtons bankers should be held liable also.

"Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., exposed her economic ignorance again this week when she argued that bankers should be liable for borrowers' mistakes.

During Capitol Hill testimony from Wells Fargo CEO Timothy Sloan, Ocasio-Cortez contended that if in the event of an oil spill on the Dakota Access Pipeline, which Wells Fargo helped finance, the bank should be held responsible.

"If there was a leak from the Dakota Access Pipeline," Ocasio-Cortez asked rhetorically, "why shouldn’t Wells Fargo pay for the cleanup of it, since it paid for the construction of the pipeline itself?”

"Because we don't operate the project," Sloan responded. "We provide financing to the company that’s operating the pipeline.”

This is getting embarrassing."

Ocasio-Cortez again proves she's clueless on economics

This is sane rational thinking. These people don't function that way. They're totally irrational and insane.
Read the Bible. These people are far worse than irrational and insane. They are locusts. Their worldview is predicated upon the idea that there is no higher moral authority than themselves. Therefore, there is no consequence for imposing their “do whatever feels good and right at the time” mentality on others via an ever-more empowered government.

In that RI nightclub fire everybody got sued, but they all settled. I think Heineken got sued because their name was on the coasters.

The reasons why there was a settlement in the Station Nightclub Fire case were: 1) one of the owners was prosecuted and found guilty at a criminal trial, thus seriously crippling any defense argument in a civil case; and 2) the owners were broke before the fire, never mind after.

How was the 'marketing' relevant in any way? Lanza didn't buy the Remington gun, having decided it was the most killy rifle he could find, based on a what, magazine advertisement(?).

It was the ONLY ONE in his mother's gun safe, so he stole it. Wouldn't have mattered what brand it was, that was the only one available TO steal.

So the 'marketing' nonsense is just that -- nonsense. There's no evidence he ever saw a Remington advertisement ever in his life, anyway.

If anything, they'd have a better shot suing the video game companies for warping his fragile mind.

Put me among those who say these Newtown families should have to reimburse Remington for all costs related to this frivolous suit. Something's got to end this nonsense, and triple court costs would go a long way.

How was the 'marketing' relevant in any way? Lanza didn't buy the Remington gun, having decided it was the most killy rifle he could find, based on a what, magazine advertisement(?).

It was the ONLY ONE in his mother's gun safe, so he stole it. Wouldn't have mattered what brand it was, that was the only one available TO steal.

So the 'marketing' nonsense is just that -- nonsense. There's no evidence he ever saw a Remington advertisement ever in his life, anyway.

If anything, they'd have a better shot suing the video game companies for warping his fragile mind.

Put me among those who say these Newtown families should have to reimburse Remington for all costs related to this frivolous suit. Something's got to end this nonsense, and triple court costs would go a long way.

That's easy. It was relevant because it was the only edge that judges who already decided what public policy they want could find in the PLCAA to let the lawsuit go forward. They don't care what the law is, this is the "Because guns" doctrine.

I heard yesterday that the AR was never in the school and seem to remember that. All the shooting was from a handgun(s) and the AR was in the car trunk outside.

So, why is this even going to court?

So to get this whole thing straight, a guy drives to a local bar, has a few drinks, buys a bottle at a liquor store and eventually causes a loss of life or physical injury to another driver that he hit. So now, even though he was not drunk at either location he had purchased alcohol, the lawsuit will be against the bar, liquor store and the auto manufacturer. Chevy gets sued for a drunk driver.

This ruling uses quite a bit of mental gymnastics to justify allowing this to proceed.

Using the oft-quoted "Can I sue Ford when a drunk driver kills someone", the parallel would be:

Ford trucks produce off-roading advertisements that glorify driving in off-road environments, associating that with masculinity and having a "man card". They even compared their Truck to Chevy where some "wimpy" men go over a speed bump in a mall parking lot. Therefore, they are responsible when some nutjob went off-roading and intentionally drove over a bunch of schoolchildren going on a hike. Because of the marketing, they can be sued.

This ruling uses quite a bit of mental gymnastics to justify allowing this to proceed.

Using the oft-quoted "Can I sue Ford when a drunk driver kills someone", the parallel would be:

Ford trucks produce off-roading advertisements that glorify driving in off-road environments, associating that with masculinity and having a "man card". They even compared their Truck to Chevy where some "wimpy" men go over a speed bump in a mall parking lot. Therefore, they are responsible when some nutjob went off-roading and intentionally drove over a bunch of schoolchildren going on a hike. Because of the marketing, they can be sued.
Well, the analogy would only hold if there was also a federal law that specifically stated an auto manufacturer could not be sued for misuse of their products.

upload_2019-3-17_14-4-19.png

The ‘offending’ ad in question. So, under the CT Supreme Court’s majority ruling, Nancy Lanza was looking to get her man card because she was the purchaser. Makes total sense. Her son stole the weapon from her. He was never a/the buyer. He never attempted a purchase. This decision becomes more and more illogical and ideologically ‘guns bad’ than when it was announced.

Back
Top Bottom