• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Court rules for Newtown Parents. Remington Lawsuit

Somebody should point out to these folks that the survivors of one of the Aurora CO theater victims wound up owing about a quarter $million to the lawyers representing the ammo company they sued and lost.
Edit: Snapshot types faster. Yep, but that was a federal court. Remington has deep pockets and plenty of lawyers. Popcorn time.

The lawsuit was in federal court, but it was due to CO law that the defendants were able to recover their expenses
(I don't know if CT has a similar statue on the books).

One of the plaintiffs worked for, held some sort of position with the Bradys, and it was under their advice and prompting that they
filed the lawsuit against 'Lucky Gunner'. When the lawsuit failed, and the plaintiffs found themselves on the hook to the tune
of $200,000.00, the Bradys left them out to dry.

Anti-Gun Activists Lead a Couple to Ruin

What a crap ruling. Where will it end?

If they get what they want, it ends when there are no more guns at all.

I am curious why the family wasn't sued they were the actual cause. If this was to be upheld forget everything known to man being manufactured again. You could sue Ticonderoga if someone killed you with a pencil.

Everyone in the family is dead. Who are they going to sue?

Marketing? WTF? Who here has seen a Remington AR 15 ad? I never have, and I doubt Lanza ever did either. I doubt he was influenced to shoot up a school because of ads. And even if he was, I would put money on it that the ad did not suggest innocent people should be shot up.

Don't forget about the companies that mined the ores, and the smelter that formed the material to make ammo components

Also the trees that formed oxygen for the scumbag shooter to breath --> big, BIG offender right there... oh and the earth the trees are growing in.

The father was still alive after it all happened did he die?

Parents had been divorced for a while and he was apparently not at all in the kid's life, so a tough case to make. I think they did get whatever the mother owned at the time.

Parents had been divorced for a while and he was apparently not at all in the kid's life, so a tough case to make. I think they did get whatever the mother owned at the time.

Regardless he was still the father and not being involved with your child is not an excuse. Lanza was 20 years old as well so a legal adult and whose responsibility really was it to watch him..maybe the State of Connecticut bears the majority?

Just caught the last half of their press conference... What was the name of the law firm? Whores. (GIANT billboard style graphic behind them with the firm on it)

As for their premise, this hangs on "you've just had your man card reissued"? Have they seen an ad for a pickup truck lately?

Last edited:
Time to sue bars and any place that sells alcohol when a drunk driver kills or hurts someone. Along with the maker of the beverage, along with the company that delivered it. etc.. Also tool makers for such dangerous devices. Knife makers, baseball bat makers, the list just goes on and on.

What a crap ruling. Where will it end?
OK, who has the Bushmaster meme? That didn't take long. Saw it on FB. JC - you devil!

This one?

7-AFE68-A0-AB84-467-A-B7-FD-72-BFF4-C31-AAC.png

not really sure how Remington is responsible. The gun was sold to someone who had the proper licensing and credentials to buy it. She was tortured until she gave the the key or combo to her safe and then killed if I remember correctly. Then the gun was then stolen and used for this event. Neither Remington or the gun shop sold that firearm to the lunatic.

So I do not see how either would be responsible.

NB: From a very cursory glance (on a call ATM), it appears that CT is using it's version of 93A to end run the FPA.

Thankfully I have learned to read short hand here on NES and come to learn what it means!

So at this time I will take the opportunity to thank Admin/ GOAL/ Com2A for the work in MA and NH on our behalf. And to the NES members that are currently putting in time in NH to stop the current uprising of new anti2A bills. [kiss]

If you are relatively new here, read up, and learn who these members are. They are here on NES. [bow]

Last edited:
Statement from NSSF:

NSSF Statement on Connecticut Supreme Court Ruling in Soto v. Bushmaster

NEWTOWN, Conn. — The Connecticut Supreme Court today reversed (4-3) a state Superior Court ruling and decided in Soto v. Bushmaster that the case can go forward based on the plaintiffs’ allegation that the defendants marketing and advertising of a legal product somehow violated Connecticut’s Unfair Trade Practices Act (CUTPA). The Court’s split decision held that CUTPA fit within an exemption to the federal Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) that permits lawsuits where the defendant violated a statute applicable to the sale of firearms. In a strongly worded and well-reasoned dissent, Chief Justice Robinson rejected the majority’s overly broad interpretation of the scope of the limited exception, which is contrary to legislative text, cannons of statutory interpretation and the legislative history of the PLCAA. The majority’s decision today is at odds with all other state and federal appellate courts that have interpreted the scope of the exception. As the trade association for the firearms industry, the National Shooting Sports Foundation ® filed an amicus brief in support of the defendants in this case and both respectfully disagrees with and is disappointed by the court’s majority decision.

About NSSF
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 12,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org .

These are the same courts that allow violent criminals to be set free and then they leave the country to avoid going to jail on rape and murder charges..
What do we all expect with this liberal/destroy the freedoms of others to be the ruling class at all costs population we have today!
The give it all away to others when we don't know how we are going to pay for it..
They don't want freedom and all the dirty choices that come along with it.
They want absolutism and emotional ruler-ship at the cost of all that is remotely allowed as a free thinking man or woman.
Don't think we won't do all that and more for you they say..
No job,no problem.
Not here legally, no problem.
Break our laws, no problem.
Hell, we'll even make our own that violate Federal laws..
We hide violent illegals from the very agencies that want to find them..
Give up all your rights and we will have no problem.
Free thinker with thoughts based on facts..PROBLEM!
Want a say in your own physical security..PROBLEM!
Believe everyone should be treated the same..PROBLEM!
Not willing to negotiate your freedoms and god given rights...BIG PROBLEM!

This is just another nail in Freedoms coffin!
[iwojima]

Last edited:
not really sure how Remington is responsible. The gun was sold to someone who had the proper licensing and credentials to buy it. She was tortured until she gave the the key or combo to her safe and then killed if I remember correctly. Then the gun was then stolen and used for this event. Neither Remington or the gun shop sold that firearm to the lunatic.

So I do not see how either would be responsible.
The only one responsible is the person who pulled the trigger, thats it.
The courts failed.

Marketing? WTF? Who here has seen a Remington AR 15 ad? I never have, and I doubt Lanza ever did either. I doubt he was influenced to shoot up a school because of ads. And even if he was, I would put money on it that the ad did not suggest innocent people should be shot up.

Did Bushmaster run ads depicting school shootings? He couldn't have been influenced by Bushmaster ads to buy the gun because he didn't buy the gun, he stole it from his mother...

I doubt that it's going to end in CT.
I'm hoping that the useful idiots end up with crippling debt over it.
Like the other suit that was mentioned, the ones egging them on from behind will vanish like roaches into the woodwork and leave them holding the bag.

Sue the town police that issued the mother's firearm permit.
Sue the state that allowed the firearm to be sold to the mom.
Sue the Federal government for allowing the background check to go through.
Sue the car manufacturer of the vehicle Adam used to drive to the school that day.
Sue the gas company of the fuel used in said vehicle.
Sue the tire company that manufactured the tires that allowed the vehicle to roll to the school.
Sue the all the parts and suppliers of anything used by Adam and his mother in the commitment of said murders since they were both born of this world.
Sue the food store that supplied the food that Adam consumed before this atrocity.
Sue the doctors and pharmaceutical companies of the drugs that failed to stop his killings.

Lastly sue the lawyers that even thought that any of these had any reason to be guilty of anything. When it was clear as day that Adam was to blame!

Back
Top Bottom