• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

court officer shoots self in foot..

Huh? I don't know where to start:
a. A .22-25 as a primary duty weapon?
b. An ankle holster as a primary holster?
d. A gun that "just went off"

Your choice, go nuts.

Huh? I don't know where to start:
a. A .22-25 as a primary duty weapon?
b. An ankle holster as a primary holster?
d. A gun that "just went off"

Your choice, go nuts.

I'll take "22-25 as a primary duty weapon" for $200, Raoul Duke.

The only thing that I can think of off the bat is perhaps the small caliber due to his placement of the firearm? Perhaps he wanted something small for self defense in case of a court room shanking and policy stated no open arms without a retention system? Or perhaps he lurked and posted in the .22 for self defense thread we all participated in not so long ago. Whats a 6' 2" 250lb inmate got on a .22? Noooooothing. It not like the prisoner would be enraged or anything.

--

The article was not that bad in terms of a gun slant, they even listed the source for their information on the firearm which I thought was interesting.

Yea, not really enough info on that. It also doesnt state that it was his backup either. Waht the heck was he doing when it fired?

i say cops dont deserve to have a gun. I think they need a year long of training instead of few weeks of training. Or maybe cops needs baseball bats rather than guns, to keep them from hurting themselves.

seriously all of these press and irresponsible people are making "guns" into a big thing. If guns were actually banned and we were not able to get guns... "swords, machete" would be a big thing. oh wait.... cars would be worst! Look at the % rate of deaths from cars vs guns. gg

Yea, not really enough info on that. It also doesnt state that it was his backup either. Waht the heck was he doing when it fired?

Pulling the trigger, obviously! "Accidental" $my ass. Some douchebag clipped the trigger with his finger and got himself.

http://unionleader.com/article.aspx...rticleId=2e8e75d1-20a4-404b-808b-0c39be562b86
Baldkat82 said:
It also doesnt state that it was his backup either. Waht the heck was he doing when it fired?
At the time of the accident, the officer and two co-workers were in front of the court clerk's window on the upper level of the courthouse, according to Merrimack Deputy Police Chief Mark Doyle.
State policy allows court bailiffs to use low-profile holsters -- pancake style (strapped between the belt and the waistline) or the equivalent -- with a safety snap, but cross-draw or shoulder holsters are prohibited.
only 38-caliber revolvers and 9mm or 40-caliber semi-automatic pistols may be brought into the courthouse. Any other weapons would have to be approved by the New Hampshire judicial branch security manager of the Administrative Office of the Courts.
it seams that he was useing an unapproved gun in a unapproved ankle holster.
and here is where it's gonna suck for this bailiff..
"After reviewing the facts and circumstances surrounding any type of firearm discharge, the security manager may order that the court security officer involved receive a psychological examination," the policy says

Who in their right minds carries a .25 ACP for anything these days?

That being said I did have a Raven .25 back in the day... you know the 50 dollar gun with a bad habit of breaking firing pins. I carried it as a BUG when I worked in "the inner city", why I don't know. If the Glock 17 or the S&W model 19 didn't do the job I don't thing the Raven was going to do much to save my sorry backside.

I bet he was not authorized to carry that weapon in that manner. I wonder if the term "reckless endangerment" has any meaning to him? Good thing it was a .25 and not a real gun that could have fired a round through the floor into the occupied space below.

Beretta 21A .25 Cal

I have owned this little mouse gun since 1990.

The discharged was gross negligence.

The pistol is double action, tilt up barrel, round in chamber, safety in off position, pull trigger. The trigger pull by no means is light.

I am sure this individual, had his safety off, round in chamber, and hammer in the cocked position, now the trigger pull is extremely light.

Bang I shot myself.

Back
Top Bottom