• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Couric's Producer Violated Federal Gun Laws

Katie, get your gun lawyer.

By now you’ve probably heard about Katie Couric’s new anti-gun documentary “Under The Gun,” and how her producer doctored video of interviews with gun owners in order to make them look stupid and heartless. Couric’s producer and director, Stephanie Soechtig, admitted to doctoring the video, and Couric herself kinda sorta apologized for it.

But that’s not the worst thing that happened with the making of this documentary. It turns out that Couric’s production team deliberately conspired to violate federal gun laws. According to video obtained by Ammoland, a shooting sports news website, one of Couric’s producers deliberately committed at least four separate felonies by purchasing four separate firearms across state lines without a background check.http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/03...oducers-repeatedly-violated-federal-gun-laws/

None of this matters, because nobody is getting indicted for it.

We've seen this movie before, and we know how it ends.

If the house had any sack, they would push for it (by threatening to gut ATF funding) but they won't, because they don't.

-Mike

None of this matters, because nobody is getting indicted for it.

We've seen this movie before, and we know how it ends.

If the house had any sack, they would push for it (by threatening to gut ATF funding) but they won't, because they don't.

-Mike
not with Barry O. still in office that's for sure.

not with Barry O. still in office that's for sure.

It won't matter with Trump or anyone else, I guarantee it. This isn't an "Obama thing" This enforcement behavior pattern from BATFE is endemic to the agency. They will not push to indict someone who shares their agenda. Similar shit happened during the Bush admin and every administration before that.

BATFE got caught overtly racially profiling women at gun shows in Virginia and congress basically did nothing, other than slap them on the wrist. Don't expect anything to change with that. They get rubber stamp treatment because of the teeming masses constant petting of any and all law enforcement and wanting to be "safe and warmy". [thinking]

-Mike

Couric IS a piece of shit, not just a universal measure of shit weight! [grin]

If those involved are not brought up on Federal charges, the whole system is suspect. Equal application of the law a cornerstone of a just society based on the rule of law.

Not holding my breath though.

If those involved are not brought up on Federal charges, the whole system is suspect. Equal application of the law a cornerstone of a just society based on the rule of law.

Not holding my breath though.

Good thing. Turning blue and falling down is bad for your health.

Yeah but there's also the element of prosecutorial discretion, although federal USA/AUSAs rarely use that discretion properly. Like these famous people are basically committing "felonies on a silver platter" and they won't prosecute them, but its perfectly fine for them to prosecute (and imprison) someone like David Olofson for having a shitty AR15 with some of the wrong parts in it.....

-Mike

I thought u could buy long guns across state lines or am I totally off base here

You can (depending on your home state of residency, for example MA people without LTC or FID can't buy shit anywhere, in any state) but if you read into the details of what they did, there are still multiple felonies involved, giving someone else money to buy guns on your behalf for starters.... They also reportedly bought guns on FTFs in other states where there was a residency mismatch between the buyer and seller, which is definitely federal felony land, too.

I mean I think the laws are ****ing stupid, but the problem I have with it is these antis keep going "we need moar gun lawz!!!" while conveniently ignoring the fact that to carry out their little protest or demonstration or whatever you want to call it, they have to commit at least a handful of federal felonies; but yet they act like everything they did was legal and that just anyone can do it without repercussions. Very disingenuous...

-Mike

There's more, she changed her story now claiming that the guns never left Arizona and they were turned in to the police for destruction. However, her coverup story in itself violated several other federal gun laws.

It was covered in depth yesterday on Cam & Company. (Sirius 125)
Scroll ahead to 45.20 minute mark to hear that segment:

https://www.nranews.com/series/cam-...episode/cam-and-company-season-12-episode-108

Here's the article by his guest Sean Davis:

http://thefederalist.com/2016/06/06...r-confirms-her-team-skirted-federal-gun-laws/

Last edited:
David Gregory approves.

THIS. Just another example of the hypocrisy of the leftist media. They want all of these gun laws, then they willfully go out and break them.

I am really getting tired of this selective prosecution of the laws. If the laws aren't going to be enforced for EVERYONE, then they should enforced for NO ONE and be repealed,

If there aren't enough "resources" to enforce all of the laws, then we have too many damn laws and many should be repealed!!

This is a violation of the 14th. If I pulled this crap, I would be in orange jump suit. Many have done less and ended up in jail!!

- - - Updated - - -

Sad to say that Obama would never sick the ATF after them, they will get a free pass so they can continue to lie.

So, we basically live in Communist Russia now. We USED to be a nation of laws.

Back
Top Bottom