• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Couple walking their dog finds loaded gun lying in the road in Oceanside

Oceanside police said the handgun was cocked and ready to fire. If Shanyn and Travis had not found the pair of weapons, it would not have taken anything more than a kick or a car running it over for it to fire.

“Not everyone knows how to work around a firearm so knowing it was cocked and anything could set it off was the scariest part of finding them,” said Shanyn.

I can't even. I just can't.

I think the article's author just likes to use the C-word. LOL

target-front-store.jpg

Turns out they were on their way to the closest Target

Last edited:
Maybe some cop left it on the roof of the cruiser and drove off?
"Oceanside".
Maybe some cop left it on the top of a toilet tank,
it fell into the bowl,
got flushed,
popped out the sewage outfall,
and washed up into the street on a spring tide.

Or maybe some cop put it in a recycle container,
but Oceanside doesn't accept the kind of plastic in the grips,
so the garbage men left it behind.
When the cop saw they didn't take them,
he just dumped 'em out in the gutter.

Maybe a cop left it on the roof of the cruiser and drove off?
I like it when people consider all the angles.

Usually free range guns stay out of sight and avoid people. This is unatural behavior for them to be out in the open like that. They must be hungry or lost, or worse yet -rabid.
503d4c69d7f479cd517a5d653f866470.jpg

I remember about 20 years ago when a Tampa/St. Pete area cop left his department-issue full-auto MP5 on the roof of his cruiser and took off. I forget if they recovered it. There was a massive "Don't ask/don't tell" offer to return it that included a severe beating and probably a lot of asking and telling. LOL

Frickin lying guns.

"Hello. I'm just a pretty flower. Look at me. No, I'm not a gun. I'm a flower. Look. Smell my muzzle!"

Did any of you listen to the video?

a disturbing discovery
Imagine you're out walking your dogs and discover two "locked and loaded" guns
Do you lock and load a revolver?
One of them could have "gone off at a moments notice"
it's not every day you see something like that, especially when the serial numbers are so very visible on them.
Yeah, especially when the serial numbers are visible. That's scary. Imagine seeing numbers stamped on a gun? Ohhhh!
the dog, she doesn't know not to kick the gun

Really? does your dog kick things? I've never seen a dog going around kicking stuff.

serial numbers visible... I don't know much about Oceanside... maybe they find most guns with defaced S/Ns. you know... coming over the border from Mexico or LA.

Back
Top Bottom