couple pics of my collection

Not too bad for a broke college student imo. Forgive for the crappy pics.

First up is my latest addition, a 1891/59. 1943 from Izhevsk, great shape, bore looks brand new.

4i3ytxi.jpg

30clxg9.jpg

4bezlfl.jpg

The 91/59 with its younger brother.

4ghbp0m.jpg

Hi-Point 995

3zstkj5.jpg

44r90yf.jpg

Mossberg 702 and Savage Arms 187N

2lxtqp0.jpg

and finaly a group photo.[smile]

4dx5fr9.jpg

Nice start to a collection there. Love the stock on that Savage, and the 91/59 has some nice grain as well. Having so many milsurps I've become addicted to buying and admiring rifles with nice wood now. Finn Mosins with arctic birch stocks and Swiss rifles with tiger striped walnut did it for me. [smile]
That M44 can be touched up with some amber shellac thinned with a little denatured alcohol. Its a good way to prevent any more shellac from flaking and if rubbed in in small areas, its hard to spot the touch up because the denatured alcohol makes it all blend in.

Yeah, the Savage is a nice rifle. Too bad I can't get it to run at all, I put about 200 rounds through it and it decided to stop working. If it actually manages to chamber a round, it will FTF. I've asked around on rimfirecentral and nobody seems to know anything about them, or where to find a manual. Its a shame too, it was really accurate.

Thanks again for sending me those links, now I can start using my C&R.

Thanks for the tip, I think I might try that. Those marks were the only thing that was bugging me about the M44, other than that it shoots great and the bore looks new.

Yeah, the Savage is a nice rifle. Too bad I can't get it to run at all, I put about 200 rounds through it and it decided to stop working. If it actually manages to chamber a round, it will FTF. I've asked around on rimfirecentral and nobody seems to know anything about them, or where to find a manual. Its a shame too, it was really accurate.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but have you tried contacting Savage?

The new ownership will not service and has no information on the older weapons. Liability concerns.
What a shame... they're going the opposite way of Charter 2000. They sent me a new mainspring assembly for my Charter Arms Undercover snubbie... for free. They didn't have to, but they did.

The new ownership will not service and has no information on the older weapons. Liability concerns.

As to a manual, you can try here, http://www.gun-parts.com/assembly/
I managed to find a manual for my Savage 69RXL.

Gary

Yup, thats what they told me when I called this summer.

Thanks for the link. there is something listed under .22 rifles as "187 Automatic Rifle". Maybe I'll give it a shot.

OAR, have you tried to shoot some Break Free into the firing pin groove and around the bolt to clean it out? I'd give the sucker a good drowning, shake off the extra after 15 minutes or so and repeat. I've found some of my old Savages get pretty gummed up. Nowadays with areosol cleaners, like GunScrubber and Break Free CLP, I don't have the problem as often.

OAR, have you tried to shoot some Break Free into the firing pin groove and around the bolt to clean it out? I'd give the sucker a good drowning, shake off the extra after 15 minutes or so and repeat. I've found some of my old Savages get pretty gummed up. Nowadays with areosol cleaners, like GunScrubber and Break Free CLP, I don't have the problem as often.

Oh yeah. I know how to break it down and have cleaned it real good, tried running it with no lube, a little lube, lots of lube with no luck. I think it might just need new springs.

oar...have you shot that mossy yet? shot mine this weekend...all i gotta say is ouch

Well yes, but its got acouple of problems. I bought it off of a friend as a project gun. He tried to take it apart and messed up the internals. It will fire, but the safety doesnt work, and it wont load from the magazine tube. So now I have to send it back to mossberg cause the gunshop couldnt fix it after having it for a week.

I even got a nice speedfeed stock for it, but now I've sold it to another member here and am deciding if I should just sell it or try and send it back to Mossberg.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom