couple of interesting SHTF e-books

Bump for Lights Out. I just read this a couple days ago and really enjoyed it. Great book! Anyone know if the author is planning on publishing it?

Well, the drunk is pulling himself back together... and the wannabe is heading down a dark road. It's in interesting concept, though.

Most people seem to be saying that these characters are more 'realistic' and therefore better than LO's characters. I don't agree. When I read a book, I place myself in the shoes of the main character and so far, with neither of these characters do I feel comfortable placing myself into. It's kind of disconnecting me from the story a bit.

I understand what you're saying.

But frankly, these characters ARE believable - tell me you don't know the guy who'd give in to temptation and do the "tacticool" things that the wannabe does. I certainly know folks who have hidden away from reality for years after a devastating loss - it took years before I felt like I could see a soul behind my friend Doc's eyes after we lost another of our friends - someone that Doc felt like a big brother to. So yes, even though I haven't ever lost myself as thoroughly as either one of these characters, I can and do enjoy the story because I know people like them.

Hey, I enjoy Doc Savage stories, but I don't flatter myself that I can fill his shoes! [wink]

Yeah, I understand what you're saying too, and what everyone else is saying. It just doesn't work for me personally. I guess it's kind of the reason why I can't stand Woody Allen movies, or Ben Stiller. When the main character is a douchebag, it really turns me off.

Just thought I'd bump an old thread instead of starting a new one. Looks like Lights Out is well on it's way to making it to the presses for actual publishing. It's by far my favorite survival/SHTF book and I'm really happy to see David get this one published. If you want a chance at a free signed copy, throw your name in the hat.

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum...ffast-signed-copies-survival-emp-fiction.html

Back
Top Bottom