COUPLE FOUND DEAD IN SUV IN MAINE; DEATHS CALLED SUSPICIOUS

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I got a news alert on this:

Manchester, ME *Shooting* Summer Haven Rd & MT Vernon Rd. Two People Shot & Killed. UNK Further. PD/EMS On Scene. 4:23am
I even Google mapped the address and looked at the satellite view, there looks to be several sand pits and a gun club nearby.

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
What clued in the police to the suspicious nature? The bullet holes? [rolleyes]
Funny how none of the news articles specifically mention that the victims were shot, just the deaths are "suspicious" and the bodies went to the medical examiner for autopsies.
The news reports also say they were found on Sanford Rd., but the pager alert I received said it was Summer Haven Rd & MT Vernon Rd.
I'm sure there's a lot more to this, but it seems like they're trying to cover up something by obscuring the facts.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Funny how none of the news articles specifically mention that the victims were shot, just the deaths are "suspicious" and the bodies went to the medical examiner for autopsies.
The news reports also say they were found on Sanford Rd., but the pager alert I received said it was Summer Haven Rd & MT Vernon Rd.
I'm sure there's a lot more to this, but it seems like they're trying to cover up something by obscuring the facts.
Well, here is a hint:

Somerset County police dispatch logs show a complaint was made at 3:34 a.m. about shots fired in the same location, the Kennebec Journal reported.

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Funny how none of the news articles specifically mention that the victims were shot, just the deaths are "suspicious" and the bodies went to the medical examiner for autopsies. The news reports also say they were found on Sanford Rd., but the pager alert I received said it was Summer Haven Rd & MT Vernon Rd. I'm sure there's a lot more to this, but it seems like they're trying to cover up something by obscuring the facts.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Large media outlets like the Boston Globe are mostly incompetent. Small market news outlets are staffed by people who couldn't get hired at the Globe.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Reminds me of an episode of Cops I saw years ago. In a very secluded area, a mustang GT was found running but off the road and facing backwards in the brush. The occupants had been shot. There were tire marks in the road indicating that they backed up very quickly and spun the tires. The police investigation determined that they must have been driving and came upon something or someone that they shouldn't have seen, stopped and tired to back up. They lost control and went off the road. Then they were executed. I always think of that when I'm on a lonely deserted road. Kind of like the scene from Fargo with the couple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
One of the victims - police haven't said who - called 911 at around 3:30 a.m. Friday from an isolated dirt road. Officers who responded found both of them dead.
...das weird... murder/suicide or a last chance call for help?

M1911

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. Large media outlets like the Boston Globe are mostly incompetent. Small market news outlets are staffed by people who couldn't get hired at the Globe.
In addition, it is the Xmas break. So it isn't even the first string writing the stories. This story was most likely written by a cub reporter set a third rate, local newspaper. If they got the names write then they were on top of their game.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I was thinking murder suicide? Old school papers handle that with some delicacy.
Whats the point of the aborted 911 call in that situation? Also not far from where they lived, why not do it at home? Why drive up the street ?

Some shadyness going on, probably a deal gone south. Gunshots were heard in the area in the early a.m. Deal goes bad, other party pops these two, one tries to call 911 and then bleeds out. Thats my guess.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Another young father turning his life around. Sent to prison in '10 for a and b and robbery, out in '11.

Top Bottom