• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Country Pond F&G

I'm thinking of going to their September open house. I belong to Andover but I would like to belong to one a little closer to get to.

My main usage would be 24 hour pistol range but was just looking for opinions from anyone that is a member there. How do they like it, how the other members are, etc.

I found a thread from last year but didn't want to resurrect it.

Thanks

I belong to ASC also, and live 12 mi. from Country Pond. I went over to shoot trap on a Saturday as they are open to the public for that. EVERYONE was very nice and I had a great time and intend to go back more frequently. They have a very nice club. Their website is very informative and they have many events open to the public. I liked the fact it took me about 20 minutes to get over there with no traffic. You should go take a look and check out all the facilities.

I was on their site which is very informative. Took me a few to find out about what ranges they have but I did get a good feel for the place.

I'm in Haverhill right on the Plaistow line so I am super close to Country pond which is my main reason. ASC is not the easiest to get to all the time, especially if I am looking to just rip through a box.

I'm definitely going the 24th to check it out.

Haverhill on the Plaistow line? We're probably neighbors!

I belong to the club. I love the club. It's great. Any specific questions?

Haha ya up behind the old Smiley School.

Is there a youth program at all? ASC has a mandatory class that the kids take before they can shoot.

Is there a guest policy or are the open to the public days more for bringing guests in?

Haha ya up behind the old Smiley School.

Is there a youth program at all? ASC has a mandatory class that the kids take before they can shoot.

Is there a guest policy or are the open to the public days more for bringing guests in?

Any event that says it is open to the public is open to the public. If you are a member and just headed to the range to shoot on your own, you can bring guests.

I'm a member here for about 5 years running. Great club. You can be as active as you want to be. Lots of stuff going on all the time (Plate shoots, pin shoots, etc) and trap is 3X a week in the summer.

I'd say 50% of the time I have the entire outdoor range to myself. Shot yesterday (Labor Day) for 2 hours in the afternoon by myself! Indoor range is standard stuff, lighting could be a lot better. Indoor archery range, too.

Everyone I've met is super nice. Low key crowd for the most part. Shoots are pretty casual.

Guest policy is up to three guests but I think no one guest more than 3X-4x a year or something like that unless they are your spouse or kids.

Any event open to public is open to public...anyone can come any number of guests to those events.

Check out one of their upcoming shoots and just head on down. If you show up to a plate shoot you'll see the entire outdoor range, meet tons of members who are regulars and you can check out the trap range at the same time. Try a pin shoot and you'll get a feel for the indoor range.

No youth program that I'm aware of...

I'm a member here for about 5 years running. I live less than 5 minutes from the club in Plaistow so I stop by at some random times to shoot indoors.

Great club. You can be as active as you want to be. Lots of stuff going on all the time (Plate shoots, pin shoots, etc) and trap is 3X a week in the summer.

I'd say 50% of the time I have the entire outdoor range to myself. Indoor range is standard stuff, lighting could be a lot better. Indoor archery range, too.

Everyone I've met is super nice. Low key crowd for the most part. Shoots are pretty casual.

Guest policy is up to three guests but I think no one guest more than 3X-4x a year or something like that unless they are your spouse or kids.

Any event open to public is open to public...anyone can come any number of guests to those events.

Check out one of their upcoming shoots and just head on down. If you show up to a plate shoot you'll see the entire outdoor range, meet tons of members who are regulars and you can check out the trap range at the same time. Try a pin shoot and you'll get a feel for the indoor range.

No youth program that I'm aware of...

Awesome thanks!!

I've been alone most of the time too in Andover. I like it there, just a pain to get to sometimes.

I'm definitely heading to the open house but I may come to a shoot too so I can meet some people and hopefully get a sponsor.

I'm thinking of going to their September open house. I belong to Andover but I would like to belong to one a little closer to get to.

My main usage would be 24 hour pistol range but was just looking for opinions from anyone that is a member there. How do they like it, how the other members are, etc.

I found a thread from last year but didn't want to resurrect it.

Thanks

I have been a member for 3 years. It is a great club and I became a lot more active the last year. I run the Wednesday night practice plate sessions from April through September and am a range safety officer (yes we have them......but they are not required to be on the range while you shoot).

I will be at the open house on the outdoor range all day 8am to 4pm and will be the safety for the centerfire plate rack (as the event is open to the public all day we make sure there are plenty of RSOs on the line for the open house. If you stop by please introduce yourself and I'll answer any questions you have.......bring some pistols and try the plates or you can spend some time shooting trap or rifles.

PM sent!
Here is they flyer for the open house.

http://cpfgc.com/DOCS/openhouse.pdf

Awesome thanks!!

I've been alone most of the time too in Andover. I like it there, just a pain to get to sometimes.

I'm definitely heading to the open house but I may come to a shoot too so I can meet some people and hopefully get a sponsor.
Like I said in the pm.......i'll be there all day.....ask for Jim at the plate rack. Bring some handguns......by all means shoot some plates while you are there.

anyone is welcome......open to the public.....newbs......experienced shooters.....no matter......we will have rso's there to help out.

Back
Top Bottom