• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Country Pond F&G - Newton NH

Last year they had 6 or seven different "courses" set up. They had a pistol course, they had a black powder rifle course, a cowboy action course (timed event using 30/30, single action pistol, and a double barreled shotgun at steel targets timed event) a 100yard rifle event where they supplied choice of M1 Garand, AR 15, and a few others. And a .22 range for new people who have never shot before (great for kids or maybe the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend...).

All weapons and ammunition are provided in the cost of the tickets.

The timed events were set in groups or squads of 6. Best time in that group won a bird. The others were closest to target, or "break the string".

A real fun time and a great way to introduce new or hesitant people to many different types of shooting. For the experienced shooter a time to try some new stuff possibly (that cowboy stuff I and quite a few others loved trying it out). Definitely bring the family.

They gave out a LOT of Turkeys last year. Food and beverages available as well.

Stop by and introduce yourself if you come by. I'll be helping out on the .22 area (for now anyways, but plans change).

I need to try to get there and check this one out. Its a great club with friendly members. I joined a few years ago and can't say enough good things about it.
I am wondering if there is a trap turkey shoot as well? Ended up winning one a few years back on a lucky bird. (they mix in a few different colored birds and if you hit it you win.)
Hope to see some NES shooters there as well.

I need to try to get there and check this one out. Its a great club with friendly members. I joined a few years ago and can't say enough good things about it.
I am wondering if there is a trap turkey shoot as well? Ended up winning one a few years back on a lucky bird. (they mix in a few different colored birds and if you hit it you win.)
Hope to see some NES shooters there as well.

Trap Turkey shoot is the following Sunday the 14th. They do quite a few different shoots. "Step-backs" "elimination" and a few others I forget. They do it Lewis style for most classes so more birds given away. Be there at 9:00 I believe, but check the website.

Back
Top Bottom