• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Country musician killed in shoot out with bounty hunter

he died doing what he loved. good for him. i'm going to go look up his tunes to see if they are any better than the shit my co-workers listen to all. ****ing. day. long.

Thank god. Ma. Don't let these ahole bounty Cowboys run wild here.

• Section 82B. Any person engaged in the business of the recapturing of prisoners released on bail who have defaulted shall register with the Department of Public Safety prior to undertaking any such activity in the Commonwealth. In each and every case where such person undertakes the recapture of such defaulted prisoner he shall notify the local police department and request its assistance prior to such undertaking. Such defaulted prisoner shall be afforded all the constitutional and statutory rights he would be entitled to if arrested by a police officer. 1999 MA H.B. 1481 (SN)

Well I'd say his outlaw bit done got a little out of hand.

And he also didn't end up living long like that.

This is like an episode of 'When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong.'

I wonder how the people who hire bounty hunters will look at this. It could be good, or it could be bad. I guess it comes down to how you feel about killing bail jumpers who are charged with minor offenses.

he died doing what he loved. good for him. i'm going to go look up his tunes to see if they are any better than the shit my co-workers listen to all. ****ing. day. long.

Really?

Howard had been charged with fourth-offense DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a firearm while intoxicated and driving on a revoked license, DeVine said. But he missed a court appearance, DeVine said.

Sounds to me like he was an addict/alcoholic who died because he was a selfish jerk who could not accept responsibility for his actions.

Yeee ha www, send Billie bob over for a shoot out with that drunk.
the redneck way![hmmm]
I guess dog was busy.
If'n the sheriff wanted him bad enough, they know where he lives.

Last edited:

I wonder how the people who hire bounty hunters will look at this. It could be good, or it could be bad. I guess it comes down to how you feel about killing bail jumpers who are charged with minor offenses.

Shooting at a bounty hunter is a minor offense? Good to know.

No minor charges led some Rambo bounty Hunter to shooting it out with him

Last time I checked, one is allowed to defend themselves against somebody shooting at them.

From http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...led-gunfight-bounty-hunter.html#ixzz3csax8nkN

Howard's friend Terry Dotson told Nashville TV station WSMV that he had tried to drive Howard to his court appearance, but the singer brushed him off.'He said he wasn't going back to jail. That's what he told me,' Dotson said.
On Tuesday night, bounty hunter Jackie Shell showed up at Howard's home to take him into custody, DeVine said. Howard opened fire, Shell shot back and Howard was killed, DeVine said.
DeVine said Shell was injured in the shooting, but didn't say how badly.

While not murder or rape I think this is a notch or two up from minor.

"Howard had been charged with fourth-offense DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a firearm while intoxicated and driving on a revoked license."

"Howard had been charged with fourth-offense DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a firearm while intoxicated and driving on a revoked license."

don't see any victims there.

don't see any victims there.
One might argue about appropriate punishment, but damage someone's property, costing them money for repairs/replacement and possibly denying them the use of it, and you have a victim.

mother****er was in guy's home. RTFA.

When you see a stranger in your house who is not police with a gun you ... ?
Still too early to say. For all we know Shell could have been trying to talk Howard into going in peaceably with empty hands when Howard opened fire, or Shell could have stalked into Howard's cabin uninvited with gun and cuffs in hand, or somewhere in between. IMNSHO the first case would be self-defense; the second, not so much.

Duh duh duh this is the dog...
Plus if your a bounty hunter you can wear tatical yet comfortable leather sleeveless vests

Back
Top Bottom