• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Country Butcher & Deli, Groton MA

The Country Butcher and Deli in Groton MA
http://www.yelp.com/biz/county-butcher-and-deli-groton
68 Boston Rd
Groton, MA 01450
(978) 448-9300

I don't think I've ever heard these guys mentioned when people ask for a butcher in the area.

I stopped by there today and they had a deer hanging outside, so I asked if they do deer processing. The guy said they charge about $100, depending on the size of the deer and what exactly you want done.

Oh, and they have really good soups, chili, and subs too.

Its not that hard to learn. I did my first couple deer last year and I was much happier with the end result. Plus you save $100

Just stopped by, they (Country Butcher & Deli) said they are not taking deer this year.

Just stopped by, they (Country Butcher & Deli) said they are not taking deer this year.

Is that the one just a bit away from CVS? If so that stinks as that is where I had planned on going if I got one.

I wonder if Blood Farm will be doing them this year.

Is that the one just a bit away from CVS? If so that stinks as that is where I had planned on going if I got one.

I wonder if Blood Farm will be doing them this year.
I just calle them 10 minutes ago. THey are not taking deer this season either.

Dang, that stinks as I am not sure where to take one if I get one.

I know most will say DIY but I would like some burger and sausage which I have not seen most do at home (talking sausage).

Dang, that stinks as I am not sure where to take one if I get one.

I know most will say DIY but I would like some burger and sausage which I have not seen most do at home (talking sausage).
Try calling your local Shaws or Stop and Shop and talk to the meat department. Some of those guys do it on the side for extra cash.

Get your self a grinder. If you have a Kitchen aid mixer the make attachments for it to grind and process sausage.
How you mix and flavor the sausage meat is up to you. You can make what ever type you want this way.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and on a side note that butcher has a heavy thumb

A friend just had one done up in NH and it was around 125.

I had one done at LeMays last year and got RAPED for $112. Didn't have a problem with the price, just that there were some "unusual" issues. Uhhh....3 packages of 4 chops from a 120lb buck?????? (Zero meat damage from the shot), about 50lbs total of meat?????, the best part was the tenderloins...TWO DIFFERENT SIZES!!!! Hmmmm...brought a nice buck in and got a Frankenstein deer back! tenders_zps4ae12537.jpg

Last edited:
After me and my buddies got raped down in PA last year and not getting half our meat back i am doing my own now. I got a price of $175 to cut up the buck i got back in sept, ya no thanks. There's plenty of videos online on how to do it. I bought a vac sealer last fall and just bought a grinder for making burger.

Well first I need to get a deer on a constant basis before spending money on processing stuff.

Well first I need to get a deer on a constant basis before spending money on processing stuff.
You can use the processing stuff on any other meat product you want. It will be an easier sell to the wife (she is still gonna call BS) but will try to understand as this new "hobby" now brings you some much excitement as you plan your weekend to be around the house!!

Butchering is a fairly simple task. Just time consuming and you need a very sharp knife and you can get by with a stainless hand saw if your only doing one of two animals a year.

You can use the processing stuff on any other meat product you want. It will be an easier sell to the wife (she is still gonna call BS) but will try to understand as this new "hobby" now brings you some much excitement as you plan your weekend to be around the house!!

I "sold" my wife on an Action Track Chair a few months ago so I do not think it would happen until I finally get some deer.

Back
Top Bottom