• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Counterfeit Leupold scopes

richc

NES Member
http://www.leupold.com/tactical/resources/counterfeit-warning/

Leupold® is issuing a customer alert to purchasers of products, particularly via Internet sales, in regard to bogus Leupold products that are apparently being illegally imported from the People’s Republic of China. These products bear many of the marks and trade dress of current Leupold & Stevens riflescopes making them very hard to distinguish externally from authentic Leupold products.

In recent months, counterfeited Leupold Mark 4® riflescopes have begun to arrive with increasing regularity at the firm’s Beaverton, Oregon, headquarters for service. These products are not manufactured by Leupold and are not covered by the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

Leupold employs serial number tracking for all its riflescopes, so if a customer finds a scope that is suspect, he or she can simply write down the serial number and call 1-800-LEUPOLD to confirm if it is indeed authentic.

In general, most of the scopes appear to originate from Hong Kong (People’s Republic of China), and have “Leupold Mark 4” laser engraved on the bottom of the turret in a silver etch, while the black ring on the objective is etched in white and does not include the name “Leupold.” The scopes also do not bear the Leupold medallion, a mark all Leupold scopes will always possess. An authentic Mark 4 riflescope will always be engraved black on black and have the name “Leupold” engraved on the black ring.

I've run across fakes of the Millett DMS scope as well. They were easy to pick out, as they were being advertised with the wrong power range and diameter, and were selling new for around $90.

thanks for the heads up...i think the same thing was happening with eotech stuff within the last year

There are lots of eotech and aimpoint clones out there, however, they don't go so far as to try to pass themselves off as the real thing in terms of wording or markings... just "looks".

-Mike

Good info - thank you

I would have a hard time buying a high dollar optic any other way than in person.

Ammo - ship it

Guns - sure ship it via FFL

optics .... ? I wanna see it and make sure it is real and undamaged

Back
Top Bottom