• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Could today's Gay Pride Marines Take Pork Chop Hill?

My son can't get out of the Marines fast enough. They have already missed their retention numbers the last few months and its getting worse. He said no 1st termer in his company is re-enlisting not a single one. June 27th is coming quick, can't wait to have him home again.

Being 51 years old, I have a lot of friends that served in Desert Storm. I never served.
If I had to poll my friends, I would predict that most all of them would say "I don't care whatever the hell you are, as long as you can pass all the physical/mental requirements and want to defend our country, you're in."

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Had a Soldier who decided to be a full time NG recruiter 2004/2007. Most boys in the Western Ma. area who were interested in joining were disqualified because of either Ritalin, smoking weed or just physically and mentally unfit. School administrators hated him having access to HS's and kids but had no problem brainwashing them into anti-Military fools thou. Studies show well over 50% of eligible citizens are physically unfit for military service.

My son can't get out of the Marines fast enough. They have already missed their retention numbers the last few months and its getting worse. He said no 1st termer in his company is re-enlisting not a single one. June 27th is coming quick, can't wait to have him home again.
My nephew did not resign in the Army. He moved over to the Coast Guard.

Yup, I'm 66 and retired at end of 2019. During Trumps Presidency my 401k was making money everyday, since Dementia Joe took over I've lost more than 50k. :mad: 🖕
My wife took a bath cause Covid on her 401 and as soon as it came back we were leaving MA so that timing was perfect.

Well in my own greedy way the timing really sucks as I just retired in Jan @ 60yo.
My rational brain knows that this will all work out. The rest of me is shuddering at the spread between increased costs and market losses.

I wish the housing market would take a haircut in line with the S&P or Nasdaq indexes…..

On topic, I think today’s Marines would do just fine. Colored bullets remind me of the Hornady V-Match ammo I have stashed.

lol. My first thought was "figures" and then I noticed it was Babylon Bee. BB is having real trouble staying ahead of reality.

This bullshit must really piss off Marine veterans.
There's a long legacy of hard sacrifice that seems to be slipping away.
I trust that they can maintain the ethos and standards of those that came before them.
I had a short IG conversation today with a guy who said he was in Charlie 1/2 and loves it.

Had a Soldier who decided to be a full time NG recruiter 2004/2007. Most boys in the Western Ma. area who were interested in joining were disqualified because of either Ritalin, smoking weed or just physically and mentally unfit. School administrators hated him having access to HS's and kids but had no problem brainwashing them into anti-Military fools thou. Studies show well over 50% of eligible citizens are physically unfit for military service.
This article is 9 months old, I don't think it's any better.

My biggest issue with this, gays being in front line units, and maybe I’m a caveman for thinking this way, it’s just plain truth to me.

I’m pretty sure the highest percentage of HIV/AIDS is still in the gay community, and when you’re in a position where getting covered in other peoples blood is a great possibility, then that’s a big issue for me and should be for everybody involved.

Be gay all you want, 100% doesn’t bother me, but it should be a cause for great concern in particular jobs IMO. If you have 3-4 young troops trying to piece together a fellow servicemember in an ambush or vehicle wreck or whatever, who end up covered in other peoples blood while possibly sustaining their own open wounds, and they needing an almost immediate anti cocktail to keep from getting the virus themselves, and having to Charlie Mike without that cocktail, is going to cause a lifetime of worry if you’re going to end up with it.

The first gay person to respond here please tell me why you think I’m wrong about that.

Yup, I'm 66 and retired at end of 2019. During Trumps Presidency my 401k was making money everyday, since Dementia Joe took over I've lost more than 50k. :mad: 🖕

That's not how that works. And I'm gonna bet your $ is still up from Inauguration Day. (Not a Biden apologist, but let's live in reality where a president has very little to do with short-term effects of the stock market.)

That's not how that works. And I'm gonna bet your $ is still up from Inauguration Day. (Not a Biden apologist, but let's live in reality where a president has very little to do with short-term effects of the stock market.)
Negative, way down. Like I said down over 50K since Dementia Joe's inauguration. Fidelity 401k, between Liawatha/Obama and their fiduciary legislation and Dementia Joe's mismanagement/cratering of the economy they used their reign of terror to punish me financially

The thing is, they were there. They were in Vietnam. They were in WW2, WW1, the Revolutionary War.

The difference is they weren't all LOOKATMEOMGOMG. They did their duty, quietly, professionally.
I worked with a WWII Army Pacific campaign vet, he told me they were climbing down the nets into landing craft and saw a sailor's body being crushed against the landing craft and troop transport in the water. He yelled up to the sailors on the deck and told them about the body and a sailor told him they caught they guy trying to sodomize another sailor and they threw him into the sea. This guy was no bullshitter and I totally believe the story. They were always around but not open about it.

Well you never know we may find out soon if the new and improved United States military is up to the task what's the best thing to get a country out of a recession? A war. I don't care what someone sexual orientation is I just don't feel the need to have it displayed in public. 1 2 3 4 5 6 consulting adults do in their bedroom is none of my business. I'm not worried about homosexuals in the United States military not being up to the job I'm worried about the entirety of the US military not being up to the job as far as material equipment and personnel are concerned. You going to find very few 18-year-olds who are willing to do what was done in world war I world war II Korea and Vietnam after that the standards kind of slid quite a bit in my opinion and that is not a put-down of anyone that volunteered to serve their country it is more of a slam against the politicization of the US armed forces. Military organizations regardless of the branch are not built on individuality they are built on teams and units where everyone is the same.

Animal spirits, baby. 0Biden has crushed Trump's America First optimism and good feelz.

AND THAT WAS WORKING JUST FINE!!
I worked with a Korean War veteran from the Marines when I was a kid and the stories from his boot camp days wouldn't fly now. He said a recruit had no facial hair and figured that he didn't need to shave, the DI put a steel bucket on the recruits head and made him dry shave as he double timed in front of the barracks. When he thought the recruit learned his lesson he had a towel soaked in alcohol and wrapped it around the kids bloodied face. I thought it was bullshit until another coworker from ww2 said that shit was common back then.

I worked with a Korean War veteran from the Marines when I was a kid and the stories from his boot camp days wouldn't fly now. He said a recruit had no facial hair and figured that he didn't need to shave, the DI put a steel bucket on the recruits head and made him dry shave as he double timed in front of the barracks. When he thought the recruit learned his lesson he had a towel soaked in alcohol and wrapped it around the kids bloodied face. I thought it was bullshit until another coworker from ww2 said that shit was common back then.
My point stands. Everything was just fine until.

My wife and I went thru more than I’m posting but let me say this.

She was kicked out of her rented second floor apartment by her parents living below because we got back together so we moved into a place of our own.
Meanwhile, her brother comes out of the closet and gets married in VT as soon as that was legal and moved in to the same floor.

That was somehow wrong to the parents living downstairs who were total Roman Catholic’s and whose father served on the alter.

Ya, I’m good after that.

what are his specific dislikes?

The thing is, they were there. They were in Vietnam. They were in WW2, WW1, the Revolutionary War.

The difference is they weren't all LOOKATMEOMGOMG. They did their duty, quietly, professionally.
"They did their duty, quietly, professionally." I'd bet that's how the bulk of gay people currently serving approach wearing the uniform. Like most of the gay people wearing scrubs at the hospital I used to work at.

We live in the era of "professionals" Professional blacks, professional gays, professional latinos, etc. Perpetually aggrieved, always claiming victimhood, finding fault with others when the problem lies within them. Those are the cockroaches we should be holding in contempt.

1. "Joseph Robinette Biden Jr." isn't the President nor has ever been. That's a fraud. He is an illegitimate occupant of the Oval Office.

2. That occupant has exactly nothing to do with the goings-on of that office, including the effects - short or long - on the economy. That occupant merely does what it's told by its supervisors: those who installed it.

3. While it is true that a President generally has less to do with effect on the economy than is popularly perceived, (a) that's usually in the positive sense only, i.e. he/she/it can BREAK it but not FIX it, and (b) the present occupant, not being in any command whatsoever, merely reflects what its installers desire, and they have already stated point-blank they desire the destruction of the United States as an effective political and economic entity.

Stats. Note the graph projects a decreasing rate that is a lot steeper than a least-mean-squares fitted line through those data points.

Annual-HIV-Infections-US-2015-2019.jpg

My rational brain knows that this will all work out. The rest of me is shuddering at the spread between increased costs and market losses.

I wish the housing market would take a haircut in line with the S&P or Nasdaq indexes…..

On topic, I think
Well in my own greedy way the timing really sucks as I just retired in Jan @ 60yo.
OK. So we all know we are re-living Jimmy Carter’s 1979: crappy foreign policy, inflation, violent liberal-run cities, etc. but guess what came after? Ronald Reagan: tax cuts, deregulation, the end of the Soviet Union and 20+ years of prosperity. Let’s hope history repeats!

Back
Top Bottom