Could someone please send me a list...

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
...of the laws it's ok to break? The cops drove past the kids on my street launching fireworks onto my porch at least a half dozen times. They even stopped to chat once.

Aren't fireworks illegal in MA? Does that mean I can have AR15 target practice on my front lawn?

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Someone was telling me that you can go to your fire cheif and get a permit to shoot off fireworks on the weekend of the forth..

I haven't had a chance to talk to my father-in-law to find out how true that is...but I would like to know.

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
52   1   0
C-pher said:
Someone was telling me that you can go to your fire cheif and get a permit to shoot off fireworks on the weekend of the forth..

I haven't had a chance to talk to my father-in-law to find out how true that is...but I would like to know.
That is bogus!

MGLs prohibit any possession of fireworks except by licensed pyrotechnicians!

Enforcement over the Independence Day Holiday is an effort in futility, so many officers look the other way. I stopped someone from SELLING them at our town's celebration, called a detective who let him keep them as long as he put them back in his car. I would have done differently, but he was the senior officer!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
LenS said:
That is bogus!

MGLs prohibit any possession of fireworks except by licensed pyrotechnicians!

Enforcement over the Independence Day Holiday is an effort in futility, so many officers look the other way. I stopped someone from SELLING them at our town's celebration, called a detective who let him keep them as long as he put them back in his car. I would have done differently, but he was the senior officer!
Would the same apply to a brick of hash, I wonder?

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.1%
52   1   0
Our late chief instructed us that during the beach celebration (concert and fireworks) there was a group of a--holes across the street that would taunt us into an altercation. He advised that they would be smoking dope, drinking publicly, and throwing fireworks and that we should IGNORE them as they were pushing for a fight and we didn't have the manpower to deal with them (~75 plus of them).

So, yes in a case like this it could also be true.

SKS Ray

NES Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Two words Martlet... air soft.[smile] A few well placed shots from an accurate air soft rifle to the kidney region where the skin is most sensitive and they'll stop shooting fireworks at your porch. Its probably illegal, but it'll make em' think twice before doing it again.
Or if you wanna play teh crazy neighbor routine, blast em with your garden hose, soak their fireworks and claim you thought there was a fire. [laugh]

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Martet, drive down my street and you'll see that in this part of Hopkinton, just about anything goes.

Did I tell you that one of our neighbors has a tank, and another guy has a Willy's jeep, complete with functioning pedestal mounted machinegun?

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Enforcement over the Independence Day Holiday is an effort in futility, so many officers look the other way.
My fourteen yo just called, he and his gf are going over to another friend's house. Her dad is a local cop and (apparently) they confiscated some fireworks the past day or two and are "disposing" of them tonight.

Top Bottom